"Jake "The Snake" Roberts, who moved out of Diamond Dallas Page's Accountability Crib and is now living with his lawyer, told BlankManINC.com that he wants to use crowd-funding site Indiegogo so fans can help him purchase TNA.

He was asked about TNA going up for sale. Here's his response:

"God, it needs to. I mean, I watched for 10, 12, 15 years, however long it's been out there and they suck. I guarantee you if I get the opportunity, in a matter of six months I'll be pissing Vince McMahon off. My numbers will beat his, I guarantee you that."

Jake, who says he hasn't heard from WWE in regards to a Royal Rumble return, says he would rather own TNA so he can change the world and get wrestling back to what it should be - wrestling, not sports entertainment."

• Paid Members

There's never going to be another WWE. They have the history, the perception, the stars and the money so that isn't happening. But then again, there's never going to be another Real Madrid, but that doesn't mean you cant think Brussia Dortmund is better than them. Just because there will never be anyone to compete with WWE on a significant level doesn't mean you cant make some money. The fact that rapid wrestling fans dont give a shit about TNA is pretty shit. You never hear of any stories of fans buying their replica belts or getting a group of mates round to watch their PPVs. I mean, they get between 6000 to 10,000 on average for their pay-per-views. That's an incredible stat. They get/got 1.5 million viewers. They have enough fans to convince them to pay for their events. A clever wrestling promoter who knew all the tricks would get you making money. You'd get a new video game license. You'd go to certain cities to get enough people into the house shows and attract certain demographics to sell your merch (like when Zane Bresloff went to college towns when he was promoting WCW). Its just that TNA's mentality was always to be WWE. So they've always been WWE-lite. TNA should be making money. But they've always made it hard on themselves by trying some incredibly mental stuff which they weren't ready for. There's no reason for there not to be a profitable, exciting, strong wrestling promotion airing on TV in 2013/14.

And to confirm the Billy Corgan thing, his best pal Lou E Dangerously said this:

2nuhi6a.jpg

Watching Impact for the first time in about 4 years, Christ everything about it is just a small time version of WWE, except Brooke's arse, I know that's probably not a fresh, original opinion but it's surprised me how bad the show looks

Dixie's got a nice pair of pins though

Yup

I have to say, this impact 365 idea is pretty cool. How long it will last? God knows, but clever

Knowing TNA about 3/4 months until they get bored.

Was actually something they wanted to introduce years ago. Still think they are losing out not taping a 1 hour TV show for YouTube before iMPACT, and focusing on the guys not getting on TV. Plug it on iMPACT, and have original angles/matches etc on it (and not repeats like Xplosion is)

• Paid Members
I have to say, this impact 365 idea is pretty cool. How long it will last? God knows, but clever

Was actually something they wanted to introduce years ago. Still think they are losing out not taping a 1 hour TV show for YouTube before iMPACT, and focusing on the guys not getting on TV. Plug it on iMPACT, and have original angles/matches etc on it (and not repeats like Xplosion is)

Bit like the Facebook / Fox Pre-lems in UFC..... I think that idea has legs

Bit like the Facebook / Fox Pre-lems in UFC..... I think that idea has legs

Yeah. Air it on a different day if needed (Sunday at 7 for example?) and when hosting a PPV that night have it streamed LIVE.

Basically another 1 hour show per week but done online instead of on TV. It might get 50,000 viewers on average per week, but if you can get 10% of those to invest in the company wherever it be tickets, ppv buys, merchandise etc it's only a positive investment?

• Paid Members

They used to do pre-shows for Impact back in 2010. They stopped doing them because nobody watched them. They can still be viewed on Jeremy Borash's ustream channel. There was a time when Borash was doing Impact previews every single weekday. The only people who watch stuff like this are people who would watch Impact anyway.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

They used to do pre-shows for Impact back in 2010. They stopped doing them because nobody watched them. They can still be viewed on Jeremy Borash's ustream channel. There was a time when Borash was doing Impact previews every single weekday. The only people who watch stuff like this are people who would watch Impact anyway.

Yep, they also use to do stuff during commercials too. Which was a good idea but took viewers away from the TV screen so for me never made sense.

Which company do that now :rolleyes: anyway they never had any original content so fans were tuning in for stuff they've already seen.

They already tape Xplosion now, so why not change that format, add in extra angles/interviews and repackage it online through YouTube.

• Paid Members

Dont get me wrong, I used to love it because Don West, So Cal Val and Jeremy Borash were excellent on it, and they weren't jaded and made you think TNA was actually worth going out of your way to see. And I'd say they gave up on that way to soon. I just imagine they see it as a failed experiment and wont go back to it. Shame. Although without Don West and So Cal Val, I dont know who else would be able to do it with Borash. They've pretty much sacked everyone.