Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Anyone got an idea on which talent he could be talking about?

Mr Anderson. Always gets taken out for months on end and has no natural instincts. And notorious for giving the "Stone Cold did it" excuse. When I heard it, I could picture times I remembered him doing it. I remember an occasion in a three-way, one of them hit a finisher, Anderson runs in and intercepts and instead of going for the pin, he follows the bloke outside. There has been many occasions done shit like that.

 

Yea you've probably got it right there considering Anderson is a big Austin fan as well.

Posted
Anyone got an idea on which talent he could be talking about?

Mr Anderson. Always gets taken out for months on end and has no natural instincts. And notorious for giving the "Stone Cold did it" excuse. When I heard it, I could picture times I remembered him doing it. I remember an occasion in a three-way, one of them hit a finisher, Anderson runs in and intercepts and instead of going for the pin, he follows the bloke outside. There has been many occasions done shit like that.

 

Yea you've probably got it right there considering Anderson is a big Austin fan as well.

If that's true, he's the worst Austin fan ever.

Posted

I remember him using "Austin did it" as an excuse for sandbagging opponents and being a bit unco-operative years ago, around the time he was feuding with Michaels I think.

Posted

Yeah, I recall Anderson being one of the few guys new Nice Guy Michaels publicly said was a total shit to work with. Am I misremembering or did Michaels actually put him over relatively cleanly on a PPV or Raw too? I also remember Anderson taking a swipe at Scott Hall the night after he no showed the TNA PPV where Samoa Joe had a period.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I remember when he got clean Road Dogg apologized to Mr Anderson on an indy show, because on one occasion Road Dogg bollocked him in front of the dressing room. His words were something along the times of "I've seen Steve Austin's act before, I dont need to see you doing it". This is post WWE as well. He was still taking shit off people for how his act rubbed people the wrong way. Anderson is like the Miz. A lot of people in the business see him as a bloke playing a wrestler. He's a total shit Austin rip off. All the way down to the army hat and walk. He's a massive goon. I remember that promo he cut after winning the Jeff Hardy belt, where he was saying WWE told him to stop chewing his chewy on the way to the ring and told him to get big and winning a belt with Hardy's face on was validation how wrong they were. It was the daftest shit I've ever heard.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted
Yeah, I recall Anderson being one of the few guys new Nice Guy Michaels publicly said was a total shit to work with. Am I misremembering or did Michaels actually put him over relatively cleanly on a PPV or Raw too? I also remember Anderson taking a swipe at Scott Hall the night after he no showed the TNA PPV where Samoa Joe had a period.

Michaels beat Anderson at Armageddon 2007 but they had a rematch on RAW the next week which Anderson won.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I still say TNA's biggest fuck-up was not pulling out the stops to sign JR as commentator and Talent Relations exec. Alright, maybe he never intended his "interest" to be anything more than a contract leverage, but they still had something of a chance to tempt him away. I think he could've made a significant difference in their fortunes - even now, he's the only commentator still alive I know who could make things sound big-time and worth paying attention to, and I don't think he would've made so many signing/management mistakes.

Edited by Carbomb
Posted (edited)

I feel a bit sorry for TNA, they appear to have 'tried' to skin the cat in different ways, but ultimately came up short each time.

 

Their core TNA guys like AJ Styles appeal to a 'wrestling fan' base which doesn't have sufficient numbers to sustain a company. So they've brought in icons like Hogan, Flair & Sting to attract the 'mainstream viewer' and that's not worked either. They've even developed talent to legit main event status like Bully Ray and that's not quite taken them to the next level either.

 

I just feel it's almost impossible for any company to break-out and come anywhere near to competing with WWE, which is sad.

Edited by IronSheik
  • Paid Members
Posted

Why? Nothing wrong with being a smallish alternative/number 2. There just isn't the interest in wrestling these days to sustain two major promotions.

Posted
Why? Nothing wrong with being a smallish alternative/number 2. There just isn't the interest in wrestling these days to sustain two major promotions.

I agree, but I was under the impression they were hemorrhaging money and close to going to the wall?

  • Paid Members
Posted
Why? Nothing wrong with being a smallish alternative/number 2. There just isn't the interest in wrestling these days to sustain two major promotions.

Agreed - but to be an alternative you pretty much need to be an alternative, not a shit imitation of the same thing being done better elsewhere.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...