• Paid Members
Anyone got an idea on which talent he could be talking about?

Mr Anderson. Always gets taken out for months on end and has no natural instincts. And notorious for giving the "Stone Cold did it" excuse. When I heard it, I could picture times I remembered him doing it. I remember an occasion in a three-way, one of them hit a finisher, Anderson runs in and intercepts and instead of going for the pin, he follows the bloke outside. There has been many occasions done shit like that.

• Paid Members
My random thoughts on potential buyers: how about Zuffa/Dana White? They'd have the money, the expertise, the good relationship with Viacom. They already have a successful touring fight business, you could imagine them being able to take a business like TNA and make it profitable.

Not that Dana White is above eating shit, but he's not on the best of terms with the people at Spike after UFC pissed off to Fox. Not sure he'd fancy buying something that is linked with Bellator and the Spike channel (and some of the people involved in both).

Anyone got an idea on which talent he could be talking about?

Mr Anderson. Always gets taken out for months on end and has no natural instincts.

Was it in TNA? I can't remember his WWE injuries and absences ever leading to a vengeful return. He'd be gone for ages then just turn up one day in a Money in the Bank match or basketball shirt tag team.

Regarding being for sale, Prowrestling.net is now reporting that there is indeed a person who has serious interest in TNA. This person is described as someone fans would know and someone that may surprise us. The party who is interested in buying TNA reportedly has money behind them and was described as intelligent. TNA doesn't necessarily have a "for sale" sign up but they are listening to this potential buyer and others. There are also rumors that a major celebrity may be interested in purchasing TNA.

Shane O'Mac? Would fit the criteria and has made dosh of the You On China On Demand stuff, as well as other stuff. Or would that just be silly?

• Paid Members

Fuck me, just watched the clips of the Kurt Angle stuff at the end of Impact. They are doing a fake injury angle like the one where Shawn Michaels passed out to end Raw years ago. Except with Kurt Angle pretty much pretending he's been knocked batty because of damage to his neck. Just really uncomfortable stuff. I dont know about anyone else, but its not what I like to see in my wrestling. Especially since they've legit had a bloke break his neck on their watch. Where can this possibly lead to, to come to a decent conclusion? Just seems like a super cheap promotional tactic. For me, you shouldnt educate the audience that Kurt Angle is a deck of cards and can pretty much die at any moment. Some things you shouldnt be reminded of when you are trying to enjoy wrestling.

Fake injury angle

Post match reaction:

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

To be honest, I thought the ending to the Angle/Roode match was a step too far, never mind what's come since. Everybody knows the state of Kurt, and the likelihood being that a storyline neck injury/apparent paralysis would make lots of viewers shit themselves that it was real. I really don't care for it. Although, when I ask myself why of the Shawn Michaels' collapse/concussion angle I think "that was brilliant, I totally thought it was real" and this attempt to use a real risk of injury in a storyline reviles me, I don't have an answer.

Thanks to TNA running this, if Kurt sustains an actual injury on a live broadcast that truly fucks him, we will all instantly assume it's an angle, even if Tenay and Taz put on their best "JR at Over The Edge" voices and repeat over and over "this was not supposed to happen" which will only convince me further that it was. Sad.

I take it they're not still buddies with NJPW then?

Jarrett and Muto have been playing mates for a few months. I'm actually slightly surprised that it isn't Double J jumping into the ring himself for Wrestle-1. I think TNA fucked their chances of carrying on a working relationship with New Japan when they pulled that ridiculous stunt switching their tag belts in that table match with a fabulously fucking nonsensical finish.

I take it they're not still buddies with NJPW then?

Jarrett and Muto have been playing mates for a few months. I'm actually slightly surprised that it isn't Double J jumping into the ring himself for Wrestle-1. I think TNA fucked their chances of carrying on a working relationship with New Japan when they pulled that ridiculous stunt switching their tag belts in that table match with a fabulously fucking nonsensical finish.

Jarrett did wrestle for Wrestle-1 last month -

From PuroLove.com -

WRESTLE-1, 06.10.2013 (GAORA TV)

Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1,750 Fans - Super No Vacancy

8. Keiji Muto, Masakatsu Funaki & Jeff Jarrett besiegen Masayuki Kono, Ryouji Sai & KAZMA SAKAMOTO (13:24) nach einem Hybrid Blaster von Funaki gegen SAKAMOTO.

• Paid Members

They aren't likely to issue a statement saying "we're out lads, might as well clock off earlier". This is Alex Ferguson handling Real Madrid stuff. If there is someone wanting to buy it, they are going to remain firm for leverage in negotiations. They will obviously want a united front in case this thing all falls through (which there is a big chance it will) and they have to keep it going for a while longer.

Interesting that it says "employees". Did the wrestlers get the same memo (since they arent employees) or did Bob Ryder have to get fair warning so his financial situation doesn't wind up similar to how it ended up when WCW went under. Because I dont think Chris Harris is looking for a spot anymore.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Interesting that it says "employees". Did the wrestlers get the same memo (since they arent employees) or did Bob Ryder have to get fair warning so his financial situation doesn't wind up similar to how it ended up when WCW went under.

Yes, the wrestlers got the memo as well (according to Jason Powell).

Impact was mostly enjoyable last night I felt. The videos hyping the men in the tournament was good. I think we all knew Magnus would win the Gauntlet, but then they actually did the finish well. And Bad Influence were great backstage as always (although their promo in the ring wasn't their finest).

But too many shitty finishes to the matches, and the Kurt Angle thing is uncomfortable. I do understand why they're doing it, but I have that horrible "boy who cried wolf" feeling about it.

I found myself mostly enjoying Impact for the first time in a few weeks and not just rolling my eyes at the stupidity. Even though as always there was some.