But without a 'rise', or point of significant interest to a lot of people, it'd just be a 'how a slightly profitable company which nobody watched became a company that shat money away. And still, nobody watched.' DVD.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

But without a 'rise', or point of significant interest to a lot of people, it'd just be a 'how a slightly profitable company which nobody watched became a company that shat money away. And still, nobody watched.' DVD.

I still feel it would be interesting in the sense that they threw everything they could think at it and it didn't work. No matter who they brought in both management and talent wise, it didn't make a difference. It'd be like train wreck viewing, but so was the Ultimate Warrior release. That was basically a doc on a guy who couldn't work, got pushed to the moon and was a cock. So i don't see why Vince and co wouldn't do a TNA release. I could see a WWE produced TNA doc selling out of nothing more than morbid curiosity, especially if they got all the talking heads i think they could. It has to beat some of the DVD ideas they've surveyed lately lol.

Edited by truthofsin

Ultimate Warrior headlined in a period where WWE was a major part of pop culture. He had his own figures and comics and cartoons, and thousands of kids painted their faces like him, and tied their shoelaces to their arms and pretended to be him.

And, those same kids were nostalgia loving twenty-something's when WWE decided, quite rightly, that there'd be a market for that DVD. Plus, There's always going to be interest in icons, especially icons-gone-mental.

Mams across the land would have heard of the Ultimate Warrior, whereas they probably think TNA is the name of the mags their kid stashes under his bed.

There's really no sensible argument which states that 'well, they made an Ultimate Warrior DVD, why wouldn't they release a TNA DVD'?

• Paid Members

It took them years to start doing proper WCW DVDs, I doubt they'll be rushing out any TNA-related stuff if they did buy the company. Maybe some filler if they do their network.

Even if they did, I doubt it would be any good. In between all the "they never sold a foam finger" stuff we'll get The Miz popping up telling us that Immortal changed his life.

• Paid Members

Bit random, but if Vince bought TNA, not letting it go out of business, does that mean all 3rd party business deals with TNA would need to be honoured?

I'm thinking mainly of the TNA / Jakks deal. Vince and Jakks didn't end on good terms, and Jakks now have the TNA action figure line.

Bit random, but if Vince bought TNA, not letting it go out of business, does that mean all 3rd party business deals with TNA would need to be honoured?

I'm thinking mainly of the TNA / Jakks deal. Vince and Jakks didn't end on good terms, and Jakks now have the TNA action figure line.

All depends on contracts and agreements.

This is just in. TNA are taping two PPVs at next year's UK tour. One of them being a Joker's Wild One Night Only PPV (Birmingham) and the other one being (Manchester):

TNA ONE NIGHT ONLY: BRITISH EMPIRE CUP will see eight of the world’s greatest wrestlers battle it out in a one-night tournament. Seven top TNA IMPACT WRESTLING superstars will be joined by an eighth competitor, the winner of a TNA signature gauntlet battle royal featuring well-known British and international stars. The eight warriors will have to go through a gruelling and high-octane knockout competition to win the British Empire Cup, which will then be defended each year on TNA’s UK Tours. The event will also feature TNA’s lovely and lethal Knockouts fighting for their own trophy.

Glasgow and London are still TV tapings.

Also, a bunch of new names have been added to the tour.

All the info is here: http://www.impactwrestling.com/uktour

Edited by pgi86

Good to see them putting some sort of thought into the shows oevr here, I hadn't planned on going this year, because I've seen them all already and it would just have been repeats of previous matches, but this now interests me and I will probably venture to either Birmingham or Manchester.

Very clever to film the PPV's over here too as the crowds will be much larger.

• Paid Members

So they are taping PPVs which wont air as PPVs in the country they are taping it in and only 4 people will buy in elsewhere. These things do shockingly poor. Not 10,000 buys poor either. Like so bad they delete the e-mail from the PPV provider so it doesn't get leaked how awful its do. Shit iPPVs from independent promotions headlined by Devon Storm do better than the One Night Only shows.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay