Bobby Roode

Samoa Joe

Chris Sabin

Austin Aries

Manik

James Storm

Gunner

Gail Kim

This will likely change. However, as someone that doesn't watch the TV programme does this lineup represent a cracker, or is it merely the list of talent that appeared on last week's Impact?

On paper it doesn't look too hot to me. But I like to see the ex Fed guys like Hardy and Anderson. The above lineup has the feel of a B-card. Perhaps that is the best TNA have to offer these days. But surely they could get Sting on board to give the card more of a special feel - in my view the only bona fide headliner listed is Kurt Angle.

The current list of talent for the UK tour is as follows:

Kurt Angle

Rockstar Spud

Christopher Daniels

Kazarian

Brooke

ODB

Knux

Robbie E and Jessie Godderz

Bully Ray

Magnus

Bobby Roode

Samoa Joe

Chris Sabin

Austin Aries

Manik

James Storm

Gunner

Gail Kim

This will likely change. However, as someone that doesn't watch the TV programme does this lineup represent a cracker, or is it merely the list of talent that appeared on last week's Impact?

On paper it doesn't look too hot to me. But I like to see the ex Fed guys like Hardy and Anderson. The above lineup has the feel of a B-card. Perhaps that is the best TNA have to offer these days. But surely they could get Sting on board to give the card more of a special feel - in my view the only bona fide headliner listed is Kurt Angle.

Hardy is still not allowed to travel isn't he? I'm sure they'll add Anderson before the tour starts.

Anyway Daniels & Kaz are listed, that should be enough for fans to purchase tickets.

Edited by Buzz Lightyear

That's definitely NOT a B card. You have Roode, Bad Influence, Aries, Angle, Joe and Ray who are by far the best TNA have to offer. It's not likely Hardy will be over if this year's tour was anything to go by, and if Sting comes over he'll just walk to the ring calmly then wrestle in his t-shirt, you won't miss much.

• Paid Members
if Sting comes over he'll just walk to the ring calmly then wrestle in his t-shirt, you won't miss much.

Sting in a t-shirt will sell more tickets and merch than all those you mentioned. Sad fact is, to the people going to these international tours, Roode, Aries and Daniels and Kazarian aren't names. If they go to this country without Hogan and Sting, then it looks like a B show compared to last year. Who are they going to put on This Morning and Radio One to promote it? Eric Young?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

It might sell more tickets, but it's not like he's going to put on a much better show. He clearly can't be arsed these days, and unless he's cutting a promo or wearing a nice suit and sunglasses he really isn't much to write home about.

• Paid Members

Sting's a super hard worker. He's 55. He has way more fire and gets the crowd buzzing far more than Magnus or Gunner does. And people appreciate him and love watching him because he's Sting. If you want good wrestling you go and watch Revolution Pro. TNA is asking you to pay big money for a ticket. And you pay that money to see legends and big stars. And the fact is more people would rather watch Sting than they would Bobby Roode. If you dont treat your wrestlers on the level of Sting and Hogan that is how they are going to be perceived.

My B show comment is based on the lack of big name gravitas.

I felt the same way when I went to see Rebellion 2002 for example. Days before the show Taker bailed as his then missus was about to drop a kid. As such on the way to the show it felt a bit underwhelming, with the only "big star" on the show being Lesnar. Everyone else (Angle, Edge, Eddie, Benoit, Booker) felt like a strong supporting lineup to an Undertaker/Lesnar match.

The reality is the show ended up being enjoyable. But on paper in the immediate run up and journey to Manchester it felt less than overwhelming.

I suspect many potential fans will have that same feeling if they're unsure of buying tickets. The folk that enjoy watching Roode, Aries and Joe probably already have their tickets and fan meet passes under their pillows; TNA need to find a way of drawing more sales, and making all shows "TV" seems to be their throw of the dice.

• Paid Members
Sting's a super hard worker. He's 55. He has way more fire and gets the crowd buzzing far more than Magnus or Gunner does. And people appreciate him and love watching him because he's Sting. If you want good wrestling you go and watch Revolution Pro. TNA is asking you to pay big money for a ticket. And you pay that money to see legends and big stars. And the fact is more people would rather watch Sting than they would Bobby Roode.

Agreed. The lack of star power is poor but if Jeff Hardy is the alternative, then sod it. Can't stand him.

I was under the impression that Manchester would be an Impact taping and having bought my ticket straight after the last tour, I'm a little underwhelmed. I'd rather see the whole roster come out once than the same 8 wrestlers come out out for match after match. (Insert your own joke here about the lack of roster depth).

Mind you, there's being negative and negative for the sake of it isn't there? I can't agree with what Pitcos said earlier. To have a wrestling company manage to survive for over 10 years in the current climate is an achievement in itself, no matter how many things they do annoy us. Starting out with weekly PPV's, which was never going to work, to steady ratings on a US cable channel isn't too bad on the face of it. That's a 'rise' isn't it?

To say TNA is an embarassing footnote is going too far, no-one's ever been forced to work there. Kurt Angle signed with TNA when the door was open to a WWE return, while Sting has been sent feelers on numerous occasions. There's a difference between preferring the WWE and just shitting on everything else for the sake of it.

• Paid Members
So they are taping PPVs which wont air as PPVs in the country they are taping it in and only 4 people will buy in elsewhere. These things do shockingly poor. Not 10,000 buys poor either. Like so bad they delete the e-mail from the PPV provider so it doesn't get leaked how awful its do. Shit iPPVs from independent promotions headlined by Devon Storm do better than the One Night Only shows.

How many buys did the initial TNA weekly PPVs do? I thought it was a mental idea at the time but looking back it seems even more mental now. I'm just amazed they survived through that period at all.

• Paid Members

They did between 5-12,000 a week. And Raven vs Jarrett drew 30,000 buys, which goes to show how over that feud was and how into the idea of Raven winning the title was (of course Raven did the job). For the first few weeks, their PPV consultant conned them into thinking they were knocking out 80,000 buys a week. But he turned out to be a con man and the company almost went under. To break even they had to draw 50,000 in the early days. So when the bloke was telling them they were bringing in 70-80,000 customers, the Jarretts were strutting away. Then the penny dropped when there wasn't any money coming in and they were up to their necks in it.

The Carters have just bank rolled them since 2002. They put so much money into it and probably only made money for one year in 2009. When TNA is sold or goes under, I wonder if it all comes out just now much they sank into it.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, that's terrible. Was that the only broadcast model they had available to them at the start, though? I'll bet they'd have made more money just doing local TV in the Nashville area and working as a territory by getting advertising.