• Paid Members

I dont actually hate TNA. I like a lot of the roster, but the Carters turn my stomach after the Jesse Sorenson stuff. I cant support this lot after the year they've had. I'd love to see someone new take over. I hope it happens. Change the name, put someone new in charge of the company, get some new faces on TV and start over. Stop with the WWE rehashed storylines and get someone with a bit of imagination in charge. I mean they are doing another fucking tournament now. How many tournaments do they need to do?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

For those interesting Billy Corgan's is the name that people believe is the "secret bloke who you know who has money etc" trying to buy TNA. Nothings been announced, but he's tried to get in wrestling on a big time scale for years now (strangely trying to buy into MLW for some reason). So that seems plausible.

For those interesting Billy Corgan's is the name that people believe is the "secret bloke who you know who has money etc" trying to buy TNA. Nothings been announced, but he's tried to get in wrestling on a big time scale for years now (strangely trying to buy into MLW for some reason). So that seems plausible.

It should also be noted that he's had discussions with TNA in the past about joining the company in a couple of different roles (writer and music producer).

• Paid Members
FUCK! You don't mean baldie Smashing Pumpkin man surely? Didn't think he was that much of a mark!

This is the guy that appeared on ECW TV and lent ROH a song for one of their PPVs. He's a permanent mark for "the alternative."

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

He seems to be more into his wrestling than his music, these days. I remember his last Howard Stern interview, where he spent the time bitching about the state of the music industry and the only time he was really positive was when Stern brought up his wrestling company.

Is RPW any good (relative to the current indy promotion standard)?

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

No. Its shit. He's only tied his name to it, though. He's got very little to do with it. These two knobheads run it. I cant remember anything about them except Sign Guy Dudley calling them a pair of goons trying to exploit Corgans name. Corgan did an interview with MSL last year where he said he cant devote time to a wrestling promotion full time because his bread and butter is music. He makes his living touring. So if he does buy TNA, he'll get someone to run it. Running a wrestling promotion is a full time job. And he's already got one of those. If he'd have bought it in 2010, he could have handed the power over to Heyman like he wanted. I think that's off the table now. I suppose Jim Ross is about if he needs someone to oversee the wrestling side of it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I liked Corgan's story in that most recent (very, very good) ECW documentary, where he effectively revealed Paul Heyman as a bit of a snake oil salesman - even when he actually wanted some snake oil, he still just wouldn't invest in something so rudderless. I'd imagine him backing TNA would be a disaster but probably a morbidly entertaining one and fuck knows sytlistically how the show would change. I'd picture some 2005 TNA/Jimmy Hart's XWF/Wrestling Society X type thing. I'd watch that for a bit.

Probably not but has anyone given any thought to JR being the mystery man? He must have a nice little fortune saved up and has done enough jobs in WWE to have capable knowledge on how to run the place. I know he said he's done with wrestling but how many times have people said one thing in wrestling when they mean another. I'd guess a deal like this isn't something you want to leak out anyway as it could attract other interest and push the price up.

Court Bauer has said a few times in the recent Bauer and Pollock podcasts that Ross wanted a lot of autonomy and when he met with the Carters years ago, that wasn't forthcoming. I do wonder if he had business-based backers with him coming in at the Talent Relations level and sweeping the decks, could he do a good job? Some (slightly revisionist) history has credited his talent relations role as creating and moulding the Attitude Era, so it would make an interesting challenge given the similar circumstances he would find himself in. You could see the Roode/Kaz/Daniels/Aries gang excelling as actual perceived top guys under somebody like him. Joe could be reborn too.

I'm no fanboy of JR or Heyman, but I really wish they had gone to TNA when things were close. Would have loved to have seen what they would have tried.