• Paid Members

Interesting stuff regarding TNA.

There are serious sale talks going on behind the scenes. After we reported it over the weekend, a lot of places ran with borderline ridiculous stories. What I can say at this point is that there is a potential buyer that has been looking at the company. Reps for the potential new ownership group have been at the offices. Talk of a potential sale has been going on for months, but has reached a serious enough point where things are at a significant stage. It is not entirely clear who will end up in power and run the company if and when the deal being negotiated goes through, and what percentage of the company, or if the entire company, is what is being negotiated. One source with significant knowledge of what is going down said the new group is unlikely to get involved without owning a controlling interest. Also, regarding speculation in various media of names involved, all of the speculation is way off, that much I know. It doesn't appear Viacom has any interest in buying the company (even though TNA gets far better ratings than Bellator, it's not as valuable because it can't get the corporate sponsors or ad revenue) and the parties involved come from outside the pro wrestling industry. The people who have at least been negotiating the most seriously are not from Viacom. The people involved have been successful in a number of other businesses. Just my gut says they are buying it more as a television property with the idea that future rights fees as those number escalate for sports will make it valuable.

The fact sale negotiations are as far along as they are and Hulk Hogan wasn't signed seems to indicate the new ownership group didn't feel he was a priority in the deal, or else TNA would have been aggressive in locking him up.

I wonder if the end game of the AJ Styles angle will be that he actually returns to TNA (or whatever it will be called) when Dixie Carter is literally not in the company any more.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Regarding being for sale, Prowrestling.net is now reporting that there is indeed a person who has serious interest in TNA. This person is described as someone fans would know and someone that may surprise us. The party who is interested in buying TNA reportedly has money behind them and was described as intelligent. TNA doesn't necessarily have a "for sale" sign up but they are listening to this potential buyer and others. There are also rumors that a major celebrity may be interested in purchasing TNA.

Regarding being for sale, Prowrestling.net is now reporting that there is indeed a person who has serious interest in TNA. This person is described as someone fans would know and someone that may surprise us. The party who is interested in buying TNA reportedly has money behind them and was described as intelligent. TNA doesn't necessarily have a "for sale" sign up but they are listening to this potential buyer and others. There are also rumors that a major celebrity may be interested in purchasing TNA.

LOL.

My random thoughts on potential buyers: how about Zuffa/Dana White? They'd have the money, the expertise, the good relationship with Viacom. They already have a successful touring fight business, you could imagine them being able to take a business like TNA and make it profitable.

My random thoughts on potential buyers: how about Zuffa/Dana White? They'd have the money, the expertise, the good relationship with Viacom. They already have a successful touring fight business, you could imagine them being able to take a business like TNA and make it profitable.

Was thinking the same. Doubt it very much tho.

Another name floating about is Mark Cuban, big wrestling fan isn't he?

If somebody does indeed take over, with the right investment, ideas and marketing money can be made.

Edited by Buzz Lightyear