• Paid Members
Other than being an instant way to let people know when the show is ala WCW Monday Nitro, WCW Saturday Night, WWF Monday Night Raw, WWF Sunday Night Heat, WWE Friday Night Smackdown etc.

Monday Nitro and Monday Night Raw was on a Friday when I was a kid. Never effected the viewership figures or popularity over here. Nobody is going to suddenly discover Impact because they put the day in front of the title.

As seen on last night's episode of Impact Wrestling, AJ Styles "walked out" of the company with the TNA World Heavyweight Title. On next Thursday's Halloween show, Dixie Carter will announce an eight-man tournament to crown a new World Heavyweight Champion. The tournament will begin November 7th and will feature Austin Aries, Chris Sabin, Kurt Angle, Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, Jeff Hardy, James Storm and Magnus.

• Paid Members
As seen on last night's episode of Impact Wrestling, AJ Styles "walked out" of the company with the TNA World Heavyweight Title. On next Thursday's Halloween show, Dixie Carter will announce an eight-man tournament to crown a new World Heavyweight Champion. The tournament will begin November 7th and will feature Austin Aries, Chris Sabin, Kurt Angle, Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, Jeff Hardy, James Storm and Magnus.

I expect Styles will return at the conclusion and challenge the winner at SummerSlam.

Not at all. Why do they need to be on the same day? I think them moving to Monday and back and going on the road and back again has done far, far more to give that impression than it being on a Thursday.

Edited by Sphinx

That reminds me - maybe not as funny but surely equally as stupid:

Rvdsting_zps3f6b3e3e.gif

I watched that, and literally, had NO explanation for it. Does anyone? I'm at a loss

Is it Van Dam would think it was just a guy in the crowd with a sting mask on and not the real Sting. So he never saw the attack coming?

I don't remember that happening but that sounds plausible I think?

The only thing left for TNA to save them is take the show to three hours. I don't know how I didn't see it before but that one is bound to work.

Also that Sting GIF is incredible, if it had the TNA logo at the end it would be just as good as the first one

The only thing left for TNA to save them is take the show to three hours. I don't know how I didn't see it before but that one is bound to work.

You know, going to one hour might not be a terrible idea, depending on the impact it have on revenue and such like. They've got a depleted roster and a lack of creativity at the moment, WWE's flagship show goes on for three fucking hours a week, they could save costs on using people and manage to keep people fresh by not using them each week, etc. Although it'd look like another regression and I'm not sure you could spin it as anything but that.

In all seriousness the two hours a week they put out is fine, I was just being a dick for he sake of it (that's my gimmick right?) Two hours a week is a fraction of what WWE are putting out, the two hours just needs to be good. As much as everyone is quick to shit on TNA people are just as quick to give it another chance. All they need is good simple stories, then let the few really good wrestlers they have turn it into gold. Let AJ just wrestle. Let Joe kill people. Let Aries be Aries. Let Roode be a cunt and after a while give him some ducks to look at so we all love him again. Send Angle to put on great matches. Bad Influence will be fun. Gunner can stomp around looking like the most intense man in the world. Sign a few new people for those guys to work with. It's really simple.

As soon as TNA stop trying so hard to find something different and just let the guys get on with it they will have a much better show. They throw too much shit at the wall, when all they need to do is present what they have and filter out the crap. I have honestly lost count of the amount of times I have read "the wrestlers worked hard to put on a good show but it was ruined by the booking."