• Moderators

I'm looking forward to the return of Pacman. Hopefully they do something like this every week. The return of Johnny Fairplay would be alright. Or just Bobby Lashley standing in the aisle, smiling while people stand about in the ring and Kurt Angle could start laughing. He could do that for a few weeks.

Could be like a TNA's greatest hits.

• Paid Members

Seriously? Their goal is to make the owner look incompetent? What does that achieve? The best authority figures are made out to be so smart that eventually they will take a wrong course of action and let their emotions get in the way of business and the babyface makes them show their arse. Its what Vince did with Austin, its what Bischoff did as GM, its what Vickie Guerrero did, its what Paul Heyman does as a manager, its what Triple H does now. If you want to make Dixie out to be a complete moron then stick her in the undercard with Eric Young and Robbie. Dont have her in every other segment on the show. Building the show around what is essentially a joke character makes the whole show a joke.

Dixie is just a rambling idiot every week. She seems to take forever to say nothing. Hulk Hogan walked out on her, her World Champion walked out on her and she couldn't even get a referee to screw AJ out of his title win. She's just a massive clown when it comes to TV characters. She has no heat and her character achieves nothing. Her character should be a sour faced old trout sitting in her office and throwing out orders to Bully Ray and EGO to get her job done. Instead she comes off like a pissed up looney rambling on about nothing in particular. How can you be emotionally invested in a character that fails all the time and moves on to the next thing. The bitch needs to get some heat on the babyfaces and stop talking so much.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

You cant false advertise someone. They are in Cincinnati, where Pacman Jones is based, so he better be on it. You cant announce someone is going to be on Impact and then not deliver.

Yeah I can't imagine TNA would ever do something as stupid as that.

Oh wait.

Also let's not forget how successful WWE were with their own idiot authority figure, Mike Adamle.

The Pacman announcement is great. Obviously not serious, at least I hope not. She knows she's made the mistakes in the past by announcing former World Champions and it being a complete let-down, so I think they are playing on that here by going for the absolute worst example of a "World" champion they could.

I can't believe there are people taking the Pacman Jones thing seriously, especially the people who have watched the video. It is clearly going to be a heel Dixie angle. They couldn't possibly have given any more clues with how over-the-top they played it. They knew full well what the reaction would be from the "out of business in 6 months" brigade on the internet. They had AJ Styles openly criticise Dixie to her face on Impact about bringing in the exact type of 'star' that Pacman Jones is. That new sites are reporting this as a serious thing makes those news sites look very, very stupid.

That would all make sense if borash hadn't looked really happy about it in the video. Sadly, he got excited, meaning they're potentially just not self aware

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick there. When he first heard the news, his face was 'WTF' dumbstruck. He was basically representing the reaction of a TNA fan. But Dixie is his boss, so as he left, he humoured her and pretended to share her excitement.

I cannot believe anyone could watch that video and think they're being serious. It was so obvious that it's Dixie's character being an idiot. They probably will have someone else come out after him.

That'd be a strange way of doing things. Hype up the return of a former World champion which gets fans speculating and tuning in to see if it is Steiner or Jarrett or whoever Then turn around and announce its Pacman Jones and get the fans to go "lol" or "eurrgh" and then ruin that intrigue.

• Paid Members
That would all make sense if borash hadn't looked really happy about it in the video. Sadly, he got excited, meaning they're potentially just not self aware

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick there. When he first heard the news, his face was 'WTF' dumbstruck. He was basically representing the reaction of a TNA fan. But Dixie is his boss, so as he left, he humoured her and pretended to share her excitement.

It was dumbstruck followed by excitement.

Incidentally, "there'll probably be someone else as well" is not a defence of paying pacman jones to come on tv when they could just have Dixie talk about how much she loves Garret bischoffs matches for the same effect