• Paid Members

I thought it was a good show this week. Not really anything to complain about. It was angle heavy but all the angles were good, even the stuff on paper that should have been bad (the Aces and 8's vote, Pacman).

The Roode/Angle stuff especially was really good throughout the night. Matchwise there wasnt loads going on but I still get a kick out of EC3 vs skinny guy and Hardy/Sabin was a very alright, if throwaway spotfest.

I suppose the problem is it all seems so pointless while we all wait for them to get taken over.

Edited by Benno

• Moderators

Roode vs Angle started off awesomely. Then was still good. Then was ok. And by the end of the show they shot their bolt and I don't want to see them anywhere near each other again. Which is a real shame. That programme started off brilliantly. Did too much though. Bored of it now.

Just watched the first ten minutes. TNA don't seem to understand why they do things, they just do it. Pacman was advertised as returning, then shown backstage with Dixie and then shown sitting at ringside. It's like they watched WWE celebrity tie ins and it was just thrown it together with no understanding. Why would they advertise someone will be sitting in the crowd? Either a celebrity has shown up to do something (in which case you advertise them) or they show up as a fan and something spontaneous happens. Then when he showed up he played a face, (despite longtime fans hating him) and beat up two heels (who the fans like.) It could have been a decent little angle if Daniels and Kaz had just clocked him in the crowd, then as the loyal TNA wrestlers told him he wasn't welcome there. Maybe thrown a drink in his face before security pulled them apart. Emphasise that wrestlers are unhappy with past TNA mistakes.

Just none of it made sense

• Paid Members
Just watched the first ten minutes. TNA don't seem to understand why they do things, they just do it. Pacman was advertised as returning, then shown backstage with Dixie and then shown sitting at ringside. It's like they watched WWE celebrity tie ins and it was just thrown it together with no understanding. Why would they advertise someone will be sitting in the crowd? Either a celebrity has shown up to do something (in which case you advertise them) or they show up as a fan and something spontaneous happens. Then when he showed up he played a face, (despite longtime fans hating him) and beat up two heels (who the fans like.) It could have been a decent little angle if Daniels and Kaz had just clocked him in the crowd, then as the loyal TNA wrestlers told him he wasn't welcome there. Maybe thrown a drink in his face before security pulled them apart. Emphasise that wrestlers are unhappy with past TNA mistakes.

Just none of it made sense

They're Cincinnati players, in Cincinnati. That's all there is to it. They were always going to be faces. So much drama over what was essentially a local celebrity tie in.

There's no drama to it, I don't mind Pacman beings used. It's the way he was used that was retarded. There's no excuse for advertising someone is going to be in the crowd. Bad Influence could have have gotten heat from them with being made to look shit. They could have easily had Pacman as a face in the arena and heel on the TV with how the announcers put a spin on it

What I also find strange about it, despite the Cincinnati thing, is that they think they'll get ratings by advertising a football player on Impact. A football player that people outside Cincinnati don't care about. While they're competing with Thursday Night Football.

I do understand the local pop, but it just doesn't make any sense.

• Paid Members

I mind them using Pacman. He's a fucking scumbag, who they are giving handouts to for him to help them draw their joint lowest viewed non-holiday episode of Impact ever. Good to see he's still as appealing as he was in 2007. He has to be the most useless celebrity ever. You could even argue David Arquette was at least good in the fact he was there to promote Ready to Rumble. Pacman Jones is a detriment to anything he puts his name to.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

How do you reckon the audience would have reacted if it was just Pacman? Do you think the other guy being there helped get them cheers? Or would the Cincinnati crowd have cheered him anyway?

The Aces and Eights bit was alright too I thought this week, felt a slither of sympathy for Anderson.

Also have Angle and Aries ever wrestled before?

What I also find strange about it, despite the Cincinnati thing, is that they think they'll get ratings by advertising a football player on Impact. A football player that people outside Cincinnati don't care about. While they're competing with Thursday Night Football.

I do understand the local pop, but it just doesn't make any sense.

It's classic TNA. Remember when they had people on from Jersey Shore, but put them on in the second half of the show OPPOSITE Jersey Shore?

Dixie's voice goes right fucking through me. Her promo work is atrocious, but even still, it's her voice alone that makes me hate her. I'd pay money, good, well earned money, to see Vinnie Mac walk down the ramp and give her a good slapping, followed by a "YOU'RE FIRED." Fuck, maybe that's the point. Either ways, fuck TNA. It's the worst wrestling show I've ever seen, bar none. I hope they go under, it sounds bad, but they deserve it. Make way for something better, hopefully.

• Paid Members
Dixie's voice goes right fucking through me. Her promo work is atrocious, but even still, it's her voice alone that makes me hate her. I'd pay money, good, well earned money, to see Vinnie Mac walk down the ramp and give her a good slapping, followed by a "YOU'RE FIRED." Fuck, maybe that's the point. Either ways, fuck TNA. It's the worst wrestling show I've ever seen, bar none. I hope they go under, it sounds bad, but they deserve it. Make way for something better, hopefully.

It will never be as bad as russo wcw. Judy bagwell on a pole match.

• Paid Members

I watched some old WCW from 2000 a few weeks back, and at the end of the show Goldberg's monster truck crushed a limo and the show ended. They had done a big angle where Hogan and Nash gave the New Blood a kicking or something and then quickly flashed to the back as the copyright information was on screen. It was as quick as the sheep head graphic that accompanies the Wyatts. You couldn't digest it. They just crushed an expensive limo for absolutely nothing. And never even mentioned it on Thunder or the following Nitro. WCW were by far more insane. 2000 WCW was horrendous now I think about it. I dont think TNA has ever put on something as bad as that Lance Storm vs Mike Awesome match. I've never seen a booking squad ruin a match as much as that. Its one of the worst PPV matches ever.

And in fairness, TNA never killed the business in the US. WCW did. WWE is making huge money, I dont think the business will ever recover from WCW's demise. And it takes some doing going from a multimillion dollar organization to losing $40 million a year or whatever it was. There's an art form to it, I imagine. WCW fell off a cliff. TNA just drove into an off license.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Yeah anyone who says TNA is the worst show they've ever seen didn't live through WCW's demise. That 2000 period was just awful, when all the proper stars had buggered off and we were getting Sid/Jarrett main events and shite like Mamalukes vs The Harris Boys (that one even headlined that WCW mamchester house here at the time).

It's a real stretch to call something the worst wrestling tv show ever when they still have stuff like Angle/Roode last week and even the Full Metal mayhem match this week.