I think they are taking positive steps. Getting rid of Hogan and some hangers on and bringing in young much cheaper guys and giving them a go. hogan never really pushed TNA as much as he could. He could go through radio/TV interviews without mentioning TNA which is piss poor when they where paying him good money. Their ratings seem pretty steady and even with et al they where still drawing crap crowds. Giving the likes of EC3 a go to see how they work and hope someone catches on is much more cost effective and might eventually catch on.

I think they are taking positive steps. Getting rid of Hogan and some hangers on and bringing in young much cheaper guys

Like Pacman Jones.

Did they pay Pacman Jones for that though or was it case of a bit of local exposure for letting him and his mate get in the ring. He did more last week than he did in his run as tag team champion though.

Need to add I did enjoy the XWF though. I will generally watch any wrestling on my telly.

Edited by wrestlescotland

• Paid Members
2000 WCW was horrendous now I think about it. I dont think TNA has ever put on something as bad as that Lance Storm vs Mike Awesome match. I've never seen a booking squad ruin a match as much as that. Its one of the worst PPV matches ever.

Ah, see my prevailing "how shit is this" memory is Sting vs Jeff Jarrett featuring a million fake Stings from Halloween Havoc. Felt like a fucking endurance round on Mortal Kombat except less dumb.

wheel.jpg

That looks so rubbish. A bunch of lads playing wrestling and one of them coerced their mum to pretend to be in charge.

I wonder if Dixie Carter has gone through menopause yet.

What are the odds of TNA unwinding some messy booking by saying "heck, it was Dixie's time of the month when she said that".

Were Russo still there I'd say the chances of that happening would've been pretty high.

• Paid Members
I wonder if Dixie Carter has gone through menopause yet.

What are the odds of TNA unwinding some messy booking by saying "heck, it was Dixie's time of the month when she said that".

Were Russo still there I'd say the chances of that happening would've been pretty high.

It would've been a re-hash and fusion of his old storyline - called "Millionaire's New Blood".

I watched some old WCW from 2000 a few weeks back, and at the end of the show Goldberg's monster truck crushed a limo and the show ended. They had done a big angle where Hogan and Nash gave the New Blood a kicking or something and then quickly flashed to the back as the copyright information was on screen. It was as quick as the sheep head graphic that accompanies the Wyatts. You couldn't digest it. They just crushed an expensive limo for absolutely nothing. And never even mentioned it on Thunder or the following Nitro. WCW were by far more insane. 2000 WCW was horrendous now I think about it. I dont think TNA has ever put on something as bad as that Lance Storm vs Mike Awesome match. I've never seen a booking squad ruin a match as much as that. Its one of the worst PPV matches ever.

Ha! That sounds like exactly what they'd do around that time. I remember a similar sort of thing involving Scott Steiner in the early part of that year one week when TNT had skipped an episode over here because of the Christmas TV schedules or something. It was like trying to make sense of a David Lynch film. But aye, that was around the time Russo just took everything that seemed to grab the ratings for the WWF in the Attitude era and tried to shoehorn it haphazardly into a much poorer show, like Dirty Den's Eastenders comeback.

I had a soft spot for 2000 WCW for a while, though, because it seemed like a fun, mental complement to the really good TV the WWF were putting out at the time. By the time they got past the summer, though, the novelty had worn off and it was just too much of an effort to watch. That's TNA these days, for me - I'm just bored of it, and that's far worse than it being comedically shit, for my tastes (when it comes to the 'worst wrestling show ever' for me, it would probably be something like RAW in the guest host period or those attritional Smackdowns from 2008-10 or so when Ziggler and Kofi Kingston used to wrestle for 20 minutes every week, for that very reason). That's why I virtually never post in On Topic anymore - I haven't sat through more than about 20 minutes of wrestling for months.

Funny little video from Impact365 thing about a returning wrestler for the Turning Point Impact show.

It's not a major spoiler, it's

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Shark Boy, i think returning for one night, probably against EC3

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Twatters

• Paid Members
I have it on pretty good sourcing that Jeff Jarrett, who has picked up a lot of power of late, would be expected to gain power if this sale takes place, since he’s more than likely involved in getting the deal rolling.

jeff-280_619056a.jpg

Cant keep a good man down. Surely it cant be Endemol can it? All we know is a internationally based TV company wants to buy them and Jeff Jarrett has connections with them?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay