Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

SCG Radio is back this week for Part 2 of our look into 1990 in the WWF, this time covering from WrestleMania 6 to Summerslam 90, tackling all the big issues of the summer that brought Vince McMahon his first major slump since the dawn of Hulkamania. Looking at all the notes, facts and figures from the time, the decision to go with Warrior Vs. Rude and Hogan Vs. Earthquake over the summer and how things played out at the all-important house shows, bad television, LOD, Slaughter and Von Erich come in, Ventura and Sapphire leave, Vince continues to make news in bodybuilding, a masterclass of performances from Hulk Hogan, changes being made to the Ultimate Warrior, and an attempt to rebook the top of the card to heat things up at a time that, as it turns out, badly needed a shot of adrenaline. A really fun show this week, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/x7zs64/SCGRadio157-TheWWFIn1990Part2a217y.mp3

Thank fucking fuck.?

On 4/23/2020 at 5:40 AM, dopper said:

I've got to a point recently with Something To Wrestle With Bruce Prichard where I think I'd prefer it if Bruce wasn't on it.

On last week's episode about Nailz Bruce added nothing whatsoever to the discussion. But Conrad running through everything week by week is still always interesting to listen to.

He gave Bruce a pass this week not pushing him for more details or calling out what sounds like bullshit because they recorded shortly after Bruce heard Fink had died, but this is the latest in a long line of their shows since Bruce returned to WWE where he avoids getting into the juicier stuff that all the listeners want an insiders perspective on.  

Pretty much what I was afraid would happen once Bruce went back to WWE. It’s not like Bruce can say exactly what’s on his mind now that he’s answering to Vince again. I’m way behind in STWW podcasts so I’ve not listened to many since Bruce came back. I usually enjoy most episodes though.

Got to admit, I’m getting a bit tired of Jim Cornette and Brian Last almost refusing to have a positive word to say about AEW and some of its roster. I get that Cornette dislikes Joey Janella but he at least deserved a bit of praise for his match with Cody last week. But according to Cornette, it was Cody who deserved all the praise. 

Cornette and Last (with his annoying fake laugh) also found the story of Chris Cruise reporting AEW to the Maryland State Athletic Commission (for the Moxley v Omega hardcore match) to be highly entertaining and enjoyed the fact they were fined ten thousand dollars for the use of blood. They both hated the match and seem to dislike anything resembling ECW. When people call Cornette one of the Fun Police, I can see why. I’m totally with him on thinking that dance routines, dick spots and the invisible man are bad for wrestling but their arrogant and condescending attitude along with the fact that AEW were fined for putting on what I thought was a fun match just kind of pissed me off.

Edited by LCJ
Removing a repeat word.

• Paid Members

Cornette and Last break down each weekly AEW show segment by segment and every week they praise some aspects of the show and criticise others.

Not saying Cornette doesn't go over the top as that's his gimmick but to say they have nothing positive to say is simply false.

They praised how they handled the empty arena stuff and Cornette regularly praises Jericho, Darby, Jungle Boy, Sammy, MJF, Cody, Page etc. He was even forced to admit Bucks vs Omega and Page was great.

Fully understand issues people have with Cornette but a lot of the criticism I see directed his way seems to come from people who don't listen to his shows.

Jericho's guest on this week's podcast is Martha Hart, which could be very interesting.

I think I will wait until after next week's Dark Side of The Ring (the Owen Hart episode) before listening to it though.

it’s a good listen, Martha doesn’t sound as bitter as often portrayed, lots of fun chat about his early career and her travelling with him.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

http://m.espn.com/general/cast?id=16787314&src=desktop&rand=ref~{"ref"%3A"https%3A%2F%2Fwww.espn.co.uk%2F"}

A fairly candid interview between  Helwani and the Undertaker. Starts around 43 mins. He's really cut down on the 'Ya knows'. 

Are you serious?! I found it genuinely unwatchable for that very reason, you know.

• Paid Members

Instead of posting loads and clogging the thread up, it made sense for me to share several of our recent episodes in one post.

Episode 4 - Nation of Isolation. 
We’re joined by YouTube human Ashens, as he and his faction of television personalities (suggested by the public) invade and battle with random wrestlers (chosen at random with the WWE Encyclopedia). Ashens must answer wrestling trivia in order to defeat his opponents and reign supreme, with the help of the entirety of Kenya.

https://soundcloud.com/bbgwpod/4-ashens-of-kenya

Episode 3 - For The Love Of Wrestling Radio. 
As Ted DiBiase, IRS & Tatanka will be joining us at FTLOW, we thought it was worth taking a deep dive in to the Million $ Corporation, starting with Teds injury in Japan, up to him leaving for WCW and all members in between.

https://soundcloud.com/bbgwpod/million-corporation-ftlow-3

BBG Interviews... 
Royce Isaacs from the NWA joins Chris for a chat about his career to date and his time so far with the NWA.

https://soundcloud.com/bbgwpod/interview-with-royce-isaccs

And obviously feel free to check out the rest of our shows at BBGWrestling.com 
We upload between 5 - 7 episodes per week, for our different wrestling playlists. 
Cheers

3E67982F-79F1-491F-AC8D-963EDB52E849.jpeg

SCG Radio returns this week for Part 3 of our look at the WWF in 1990! Breaking down all the big stories after Summerslam, we talk about the fates of Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior for the rest of the year, the introduction of the Undertaker, an analysis of Sgt. Slaughter at this time with and without the Iraqi overtones, look at Survivor Series and the Main Event, Vince McMahon announces the WBF and pulls a big stunt at Mr. Olympia, some key departures and interesting signings, Dusty Rhodes approaching the end of his in-ring career, everything that did and didn't work and the effect it had on the big picture, as well as all the facts and figures of the period as we move into 1991...and the Ultimate Irony is revealed. Listen, enjoy, and let us know what you've thought of this mini-series!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/xs23ue/SCGRadio158-TheWWFIn1990Part36kyif.mp3