Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

SCG Radio is back, returning to our RuView format to breakdown and analyse another piece of Vince Russo written and produced pro wrestling - this time tackling the April 17th 2000 episode of WCW Nitro, a show jam-packed with everything you love about Vinnie Ru. From inside jokes, smarky bullshit, WWF references, turns, nonsense, vehicle driving into things, angles that make no sense and false drama, get a whiff of Russo's cheesy broth one day after Spring Stampede 2000, seven days into the run of Russo and Bischoff. Featuring Hogan Vs. The Law, 99 Red Balloons, God helping Terry Funk win a match, Vampiro being bloody awful, and NO DISQUALIFICATIONS BECAUSE NOBODY TUNES IN TO SEE THAT SHIT (followed by three DQs in a row). It's wacky, it's fun, it's crazy, it's outrageous, it's Vince Russo's Fun House!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/9f9sz2/SCG_Radio_131_-_WCW_Nitro_April_17th_2000_RuView.mp3

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

SCG Radio is back, returning to our RuView format to breakdown and analyse another piece of Vince Russo written and produced pro wrestling - this time tackling the April 17th 2000 episode of WCW Nitro, a show jam-packed with everything you love about Vinnie Ru. From inside jokes, smarky bullshit, WWF references, turns, nonsense, vehicle driving into things, angles that make no sense and false drama, get a whiff of Russo's cheesy broth one day after Spring Stampede 2000, seven days into the run of Russo and Bischoff. Featuring Hogan Vs. The Law, 99 Red Balloons, God helping Terry Funk win a match, Vampiro being bloody awful, and NO DISQUALIFICATIONS BECAUSE NOBODY TUNES IN TO SEE THAT SHIT (followed by three DQs in a row). It's wacky, it's fun, it's crazy, it's outrageous, it's Vince Russo's Fun House!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/9f9sz2/SCG_Radio_131_-_WCW_Nitro_April_17th_2000_RuView.mp3

Nice, I shall have a listen to this today.

Does this mean we have a MNW timeline show upcoming?

A few mates and I have had a bash at the podcasting carry on. Show is a mixture of wrestling and football and the format sees us each put forward our #1 pick under a specific category each week.  First two episodes are up with the third to follow shortly. Wrestling topics covered so far include Underrated Gimmicks, Rubbish Hall of Famers and Elimination Chamber picks/recap. If you're into football then we've covered best moments in English football in the 90's and Football's Daftest People. 

Full plug is in the classifieds section here

On 05/03/2018 at 1:40 PM, Project Nim said:

Listening to the Jericho podcast, anyone else noticed that when he’s plugging DDP Yoga the way he pronounces “workouts” is odd?

It’s his Arnie impression 

I quite like the E+C pod, but bloody hell Christian has no gauge on when he should speak and when he shouldn't does he? I don't dislike him, per se, but he's forever interrupting people, talking over them and telling long winded stories, in the guise of questions, that are complete conversational deadends.

It's the only wrestling pod I listen to, though, and it's good enough. I keep meaning to check out Wade Keller's, Jericho's and/or Austin's...are they worth my time?!

I haven't listened to either Austin's or Jericho's for quite sometime, but I always keep an eye on them in case there is something that might be interesting. Austin has some really good interviews if your prepared to go looking for them (there's a two parter with Paul Heyman from just before Wrestlemania 30 which is essential in my book), but the last one I listened to was the one he did with Elias a couple of months back, and he did a really good one with Braun Strowman a couple of years ago in which I gained a lot of respect for Braun off the back of that. Jericho had a good one with Rusev & Lana last year which is a fun listen, although at times it is a bit echoey in sound quality.

Having said that, I find myself listening to less & less wrestling based Podcasts largely down to it getting to a stage were what I'm interested in has been covered already. Even with recent episodes of Something To Wrestle, the amount of times you hear Conrad say "we covered this on our 'such & such' episode, which you can find in the archives...", they're just going over the same topics again & again with a slightly different angle.

Id love for SCG to be back on a more regular basis. I don't mean that as a shot at anyone on that as life gets in the way, but it really was something to look forward to at the end of the week

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I listened to Stone Colds podcast earlier with Kenny Bolin where they reviewed the first half of Season 8 of the walking dead using wrestling terms and they compared Maggie to Roman Reigns. 

This sounds worth listening to!