Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

They've had a really good run of episodes since that Batista show. Corey Graves, Johnny Gargano and this weeks episode is Elias, which I've yet to listen to. He was on Austin's podcast a month or so back so if you caught that theres the risk of repeat stories, but I'm still going to give it a go

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I've watched The Rock interviewed on Howard Stern's radio show and Off the Record with Michael Landsberg, and Edge and Christian interviewed by the latter as well.

I expected Rock to be in his element with Stern but he seemed pretty uncomfortable in the surroundings and didn't radiate a modicum of the charisma he does with press now; it wasn't much better with Landsberg. When his "bitch tits" were brought up by Stern, it was one of the most cringe-inducing things I've ever seen (exaggeration, but you get the point).

Edge and Christian were so standoffish and defensive with Landsberg from the get go. He asks them several leading questions about steroid use and they don't bite; finally, he just blurts it out and Christian immediately shuts him down.

Compare this to HHH and even Steph who rolled with the punches when Stern bombarded them with jokes about Chyna etc.

It's great watching Stern and Landsberg interview wrestlers. They don't hold anything back, and Lindsberg actually knows his stuff too.

Edited by NoUseforaUsername

• Paid Members

Just come across a great one called Wrestle Me. It's a comedian who's a dedicated wrestling fan watching all the WrestleManias in order with his non-fan mate and having to explain all the stuff that seems ridiculous to normal people.

23 hours ago, JNLister said:

Just come across a great one called Wrestle Me. It's a comedian who's a dedicated wrestling fan watching all the WrestleManias in order with his non-fan mate and having to explain all the stuff that seems ridiculous to normal people.

It's bloody excellent (as should be expected from someone from The Football Ramble) and he treats wrestling with absolute respect and it's nice to add a decent 'fan' based pod to the list.

• Paid Members

https://soundcloud.com/user-22135675/episode-1-february-2018

Cheap plug, but I had my first go at the whole podcasting lark - audio quality is awful, as Audacity ballsed up the original recording and I had to re-do a bunch of it while suffering from a knackered throat, but should hopefully still be listenable!

I talk about the Royal Rumble, Pro Wrestling EVE and Five Star Wrestling, and broadly about booking philosophies surrounding them, particularly in the latter case.

On 18/02/2018 at 11:08 PM, SuperBacon said:

It's bloody excellent (as should be expected from someone from The Football Ramble) and he treats wrestling with absolute respect and it's nice to add a decent 'fan' based pod to the list.

The rambler in me loves the fact that Pete is looking at wrestling with his lets say odd outlook on life. But the wrestling nerd in me doesn't like the fact the comedian gets some of his facts a little skewed. 

But the podcast looks like it has a lot of promise. Quite looking forward to them getting to Wrestlemania 9 and 23 for the Trump stuff. I do dread to think where Pete's brain goes with 20 and Benoit though. 

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:35 PM, JNLister said:

Nice one, tried it Yesterday at the gym and literally had to stop what I was doing when they were on about the death of Buddy Rose due to diabetes complications. Folded me that.