Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted September 23, 2018 Paid Members Posted September 23, 2018 5 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said: I'm sure it was either Sabu or Sandman who said the biggest single paycheck they ever got was for appearing in one of the WWE games. It was Sabu and he got shitloads but I remember them changing it at some point so they stopped getting such mental payoffs for appearing in the games a few years ago.
Snitsky's back acne Posted September 24, 2018 Posted September 24, 2018 Poster for the ill-fated 'WrestleXpress' event. Just LOOK at Jonny Storm - what the fuck!?
Guest Posted September 24, 2018 Posted September 24, 2018 Hulk's probably someone's cousin, but I'm reasonably sure he's not Horace's.
Keith Houchen Posted September 24, 2018 Posted September 24, 2018 On 9/17/2018 at 7:31 PM, The Maestro said: Blimey.
Paid Members Statto Posted September 24, 2018 Paid Members Posted September 24, 2018 48 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Poster for the ill-fated 'WrestleXpress' event. Just LOOK at Jonny Storm - what the fuck!? FWIW - that's a poster for the WrestleXpress that actually happened, run by Scott Conway.
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 25, 2018 Paid Members Posted September 25, 2018 17 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said: Hulk's probably someone's cousin, but I'm reasonably sure he's not Horace's. Horace was Hogan's nephew, no? Who, in turn, was Mike Awesome's cousin?
Guest Posted September 25, 2018 Posted September 25, 2018 Exactly, he's Hulk's nephew. No idea about Mike Awesome though.
Keith Houchen Posted September 25, 2018 Posted September 25, 2018 2 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said: Exactly, he's Hulk's nephew. No idea about Mike Awesome though. Yeah, Hogan has so many siblings in the wrestling world it's untrue.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted September 25, 2018 Paid Members Posted September 25, 2018 Hogan's the one who got Awesome to fuck over Heyman. Although "fuck over" is a strong word considering all he said was "you havent been paid for months? Why are you still there?"
Paid Members JNLister Posted September 25, 2018 Paid Members Posted September 25, 2018 Interesting thing on that picture is that it confirms Scott Conway (having stepped in after Ryan Hewson fell apart) was planning on running that lineup in the Skydome before the change, backing up his story that the venue put too many conditions on him and that's why he moved.
Pier Six Brawler Posted September 25, 2018 Posted September 25, 2018 Why isn't Sandman on the poster but Tiger Steele is? Did Corino defend the NWA title on the show? It had apparently been vacated a week prior.
Paid Members Statto Posted September 26, 2018 Paid Members Posted September 26, 2018 I'd wager that was pretty much a template poster Conway was using at the time that got tweaked a bit for this show. I think Quake, Horace & Tiger Steele were all touring with TWA at the time, with only Corino & Sandman added specially for WrestleXpress. And yes, Corino's match with Sandman was announced as an NWA title match, and he was carrying a belt (which I held at the gimmick table) but this was a week after they did (what I assume now to be) that worked-shoot 'unable to continue' finish against Hashimoto at the NWA Anniversary show. The way I recall it, at the time of WrestleXpress the following week there remained controversy (probably deliberately on the NWA's part) about whether Corino remained champion, it wasn't a case of Conway going "fuck it, who's gonna know?"
simonworden Posted September 26, 2018 Posted September 26, 2018 Did Earthquake actually appear? I can't remember him being on the card in the end when I watched the VHS many years later.
The Dart Posted September 26, 2018 Posted September 26, 2018 Yes, he was on the show. with Justin Starr vs. Flash Barker & Klondyke Kate.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted September 26, 2018 Paid Members Posted September 26, 2018 Earthquake is the same age as Finn Balor in that photo. The road owned that poor fucker.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.