The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

Certainly has a unique look, the guy can do top rope moonsaults and hurricanranas and all sorts and work's 30 minute time limit draws no problem, his body is a biological mystery. He looks like I did a few years ago when I cooked everything in the chip pan and drank a crate a day. 

Certainly has a unique look, the guy can do top rope moonsaults and hurricanranas and all sorts and work's 30 minute time limit draws no problem, his body is a biological mystery. He looks like I did a few years ago when I cooked everything in the chip pan and drank a crate a day.

His body isn't a mystery. He eats too many cakes. That's it.

Here he is in his last NXT run. Perfectly acceptable body by today's standards. That's only a few years ago. He's just fat now. Nothing more, nothing less.

16kccxe.jpg

His body isn't a mystery. He eats too many cakes. That's it.

Here he is in his last NXT run. Perfectly acceptable body by today's standards. That's only a few years ago. He's just fat now. Nothing more, nothing less.

16kccxe.jpg

This has been brought up recently, but he apparently has a thyroid issue which means he has to work twice as hard to keep the weight off . (and yeah, eating tinned all day breakfasts 5 times a day probably doesn't help either.)

At the risk of turning this into a fancy dress thread, I'm still fucking bitter that the Macho Man-esque cunt here won the best dressed competition while my homemade Bret Hart effort got absolutely no appreciation whatsoever.

bU8DkwP.jpg

Was that in Shooters for Summerslam?

I'm really happy to see him back, seems like a good guy and obviously has great matches. Hopefully he does cover up a bit though, it's one thing on the indies but it's another thing under the bright lights of WWE.

When Hero was over for PCW in 2014, me and my friend were having breakfast in the Premier Inn the morning after a show and Hero was down there well and truly tucking in. When eating a big meal it's almost a guarantee one of us will compare it to Chris Hero at a Premier Inn breakfast buffet.

Was that in Shooters for Summerslam?

Yeah it was, were you there too?

Can't imagine I'd go to another one, I was falling asleep by 2am. Although the £1.75 gin and tonics made it better.

Edited by Slapnut

I don't care how good his matches are, this is embarrassing.

That's where you're wrong, IMO. I assume he's been resigned on the back of his good matches. And I trust WWE enough to repackage a wrestler with a flattering attire/gimmick. Bray Wyatt being the example. If his matches are great (I've not seen them but trust they are) WWE will find a way for you to look your best.

• Paid Members

The guys have more control over what they wear in the ring than most are giving them credit for. On the indies Hero wears trunks and exposes his belly because he chooses to present himself that way, so don't be surprised if he keeps that look on NXT TV.

WWE has always been an aesthetic company and Hero's certainly not the first to have a less-than-wonderful physique but no matter how good he is in the ring he does just look like a fat bloke.

Terry Gordy looked like a crazy, wild man. Buddy Rose was a comedy wrestler playing his size for laughs etc etc.
I don't see where Hero fits, to be honest.

• Paid Members

They've obviously lowered the bar over recent years though. I've always said there was a place for fat wrestlers like Earthquake, Typhoon etc. But I look at someone like Kevin Owens who falls between two stools and just looks out of shape tbh.

Edited by garynysmon

There have always been wrestlers with shitty genes (or laziness) that meant they had crappy builds - you just need to find the right gear to cover it up. By gear, I mean clothes, by the way, not "get on the gas".

Mike Rotunda always looked like crap, hence Vince putting him in a suit as IRS the second time around. Barry Windham was a flabby mess at various points. Dustin Rhodes always had a crappy physique. Jake Roberts looked like he's never lifted a weight in his life. JBL was a flabby git most of the time and even Edge (who looked ripped and lean for much of his run) looked flabby and soft towards the end of his run.

If you are good and you get over, it doesn't matter.