The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

Wonder what's brought this on? He's struggled for years and now he looks incredible.

At a guess, he's coming toward the end of his career and wants to go out looking great. He's always going to be compared to Andre, so probably doesn't want similar comments of what a sad sight he was at the end.

Wonder what's brought this on? He's struggled for years and now he looks incredible.

I'd say having a significant time away from actually wrestling helps too.

His natural size means his knees and back will be under considerable strain and he was not averse to taking some big bumps in his time.

Wrestling every night will not have helped.

It's amazing to think that Big Show is barely a year younger than Andre was when he died.

I seem to recall that both Andre and Big Show initially suffered from the same condition which caused continual growth of certain parts of the body throughout adulthood, including hands, feet and skull. This explains why Andre had such a unique look. I think this also was partly the cause of the back pain which robbed him of his mobility from the mid 80s onwards. I believe Big Show had an operation in the late 90s to correct this, which meant that other than the physical strain caused by being huge, his condition would not worsen as it did with Andre.

• Paid Members

I imagine they are expecting a good bit of mainstream attention for his match with Shaq at Mania, so he's probably getting into the best shape possible for that match while he's off the road.

Presumably he'll be in the rumble and I'm guessing they'll do the big stare-down spot with Strowman. 

• Paid Members

In a podcast, Big Show said that if he hadn't of had gigantism (or whatever it is) he still would have been over 6 foot 5 so his body was naturally built to be big. It's why he hasn't broken down like Andre, Gonzales or Khali.

• Paid Members

Show looks fantastic. Kinda makes you wonder what his career could have been if he was this arsed in his prime. Suppose its easier to look like this when you're off the road.

He needs to get rid of that fucking horrible beard, though.

100% this. Have you done a podcast about guys who looked awesome one minute and awful the next? Big Show is one, Kane was another between masking and unmasking.