The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

On a more positive note, I didn't know Andre had a daughter until today, which is very cool. Was he ever married? 

In trying to look it up I found this, which is an interesting snippet:

An urban legend exists surrounding André's 1987 surgery in which his size made it impossible for the anesthesiologist to estimate a dosage via standard methods; consequently, his alcohol tolerance was used as a guideline instead.

• Paid Members

Some lovely comments there I see. Social media is truly fucking awful sometimes.

It really is. You just need to look at the comments on any newspaper story etc.

I never understood just how genuinely thick and/or nasty some people can be, until the advent of Facebook and Twitter.

Edited by garynysmon

Here are my pics from St. Valentine's Day Massacre in 1998. Not the greatest ever but they were taken on a Kodak 35mm, scanned in at my local camera shop and have laid on a CD for nearly 20 years in some weird format that I have just converted to JPG. Brings back some great memories, even penned a little blog post about it that will go live on Tuesday morning (will post the link).

img0003.jpg

img0011.jpg

img0002.jpg

img0010.jpg

img0009.jpg

img0008.jpg

img0006.jpg

img0005.jpg

img0004.jpg

Wasn't that the show were they tried to fix the tournament brackets so that RVD and Sabu would meet in the semi final, thus doing the match before it could happen in the ECW PPV-era which they were building to do at some point, only for RVD to twig onto what they were to pull and then refuse to do the match

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Wasn't that the show were they tried to fix the tournament brackets so that RVD and Sabu would meet in the semi final, thus doing the match before it could happen in the ECW PPV-era which they were building to do at some point, only for RVD to twig onto what they were to pull and then refuse to do the match

I think that's right. They started the night with a promo about how Sabu was a heavyweight so he was vacating the European Junior Heavyweight title and it got put up for grabs in the same tournament that he was competing in, which makes no sense.

Then after the interval, they cut another promo saying they wouldn't fight and that Whipwreck/Dirtbike was now the final. RVD/Sabu wrestled Ulf Hermann and Michael Kovac in a tag match instead.