Jump to content

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread


EdgarTheSlouch

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted

The animated batman was great.

 

Did you know they did some shots with a black base and added white to create some of the dark lighting effects, so the dvd commentary claims.

They also fought to keep semi realistic guns on the grounds of artistic merit, something which its sad Spiderman (also class) didn't I believe.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Looking at the catalogue from winter 1993, they seem to be pushing Jurassic Park. Thunderbirds was all the range following the revamp. Terminator 2 is still getting a run out, some 18 months after it was popular. Crash Test Dummies is there. And of course, Gladiators. Bit of a shit time to be a kid. Post-Ghostbusters and Turtles and pre-Power Rangers, they were scraping the barrel to get some popular toy line out there.

Gladiators! I loved the Gladiators toys. In a post-Ultimate Warrior world, they took the Hasbro-shaped place in my heart.

Posted

Nickelodeon was the coolest thing in 93, even that pussy whipped twat Doug was a level above wrestling at that time. Pete & Pete came out the same year which was pretty much Twin Peaks for kids.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I think I've still got the gladiators board game some where.

I've also got the T2 bio flesh regeneration unit. You put a fixed position t1000 in a mold, poured over a pink goo made with this powder and water (looking back its going to be flour and colouring) and then cut out lumps of flesh for that war-torn Arnie effect.

I'd say it was a bad influence given my pastimes but I never used it, I waited untill I was old enough to do it properly and make it look good.

Still waiting!

Posted

Bossman left the company not long after the Rumble but the Nasty Boys and Duggan were still around. The Nasties and Hacksaw were on the European tour in April of that year.

  • Paid Members
Posted

The animated batman was great.

 

Did you know they did some shots with a black base and added white to create some of the dark lighting effects, so the dvd commentary claims.

They also fought to keep semi realistic guns on the grounds of artistic merit, something which its sad Spiderman (also class) didn't I believe.

The Spider-Man animated series was severely hamstrung by censors. They wouldn't allow guns, which is why everyone was running around with plasma things. They couldn't say "kill" which is why everyone wanted to "destroy" Spider-Man, and they wouldn't allow blood which is why the vampire Mobius sucked "life force" from victims.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Same. I loved Spider-Man and Batman growing up, and their ‘90s animated series were probably my favourite shows as a kid. I only learned about the Spider-Man censorship a couple of years or so ago, but can’t remember where it was I heard about it.

Posted

I think this pretty much sums up how bad things in WWF had become in 1993

 

Superstars.jpg

 

I'm amongst like-minded people, so I can finally confess;

 

This was the first album I ever bought. I loved it. I played the hell out of it.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Agreed. Adding guns and blood wouldn't have improved that show one bit, it's not like that Robocop cartoon.

The use of plasma instead of blood and the avoidance of kill never bother me, the guns just look a bit hokey and irritate me a bit.

 

I love the show though, watching them through again now fyi.

 

EDIT: Grecian that's the the most depraved thing I've read on this forum, and that saying something with two rapist, a man who rides the toilet side saddle, tales of spaffing on your self in Amsterdam, unrequited love in a jizz stained pink vest, mental shoe shop returns and who ever it was that shit in a biscuit tin.

  • Paid Members
Posted

 

Agreed. Adding guns and blood wouldn't have improved that show one bit, it's not like that Robocop cartoon.

 

I love the show though, watching them through again now fyi.

 

I started re-watching them on Netflix a year or so ago, and then the bastards pulled it when I was half-way through!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...