Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Remember this amazing promo for Wrestlemania X7? It's one of the best they've ever done. I remember flying into Houston on the Thursday before, checking into the Howard Johnson, and flicking on Smackdown - caught the last 10 minutes & they finished it with this promo - I remember being so psyched afterwards. I hate Limp Bizkit, but love this song because of this promo. Epic.

https://youtu.be/srhd2fZyDB4?t=15

• Paid Members

Its so dated now, but I remember loving the Bret Hart "Respect" video as a wide eyed 9 year old. Its mad really looking back, as he never beat anyone of consequence after winning the belt from Flair.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

People used to fantasy book the Kliq being an onscreen faction all the time. BSK on the other hand would have been one terrible faction. Great pic though.

In 95/96, I'd have taken BSK over Million Dollar Corp. or the Nation. I reckon they would have looked the business in the fed at the time. But only if they looked like that cartoon.

I'm trying to write about The Montreal Screwjob and it occurred to me that I don't know when I realised what had happened. I was 12 and I remember just being confused watching it and not understanding just what had gone down.

I would've been buying PS and The Observer at the time, but that would've been a month later.

I remember thinking that when the midget Bret came out on Raw that Bret really would come out.

Then I realised that I didn't truly understand until Wrestling With Shadows appeared on BBC 2. Anyone know when this aired? I'm spending far too much time thinking about this!!!

Cheers dude. Surely it wouldn't have taken me two years to find out. Fuck my memory is awful. I remember knowing that something terrible had happened to Bret, but that he would reappear as it took a while to turn up on Nitro.

Years of drinking this is...

• Paid Members

Among all the goodness, ShitBritWres still exists: https://www.facebook.com/events/179680755710769/

I'd like to think this is being edited soon, but right now the listed line-up is:

MATCH LINEUP (LINEUP SUBJECT TO CHANGE

1ST MATCH - ROOKIE MATCH
KIERAN VS WILLIAM

2ND MATCH - KITTY STAR VS TRACY FOR SWF DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP

3RD MATCH - PSICOSIS VS SIDESPLITTER VS PREDATOR FOR THE SWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - NO DISQUALIFICATION TRIPLE THREAT

10 MINUTE BREAK

4TH MATCH - WE WILL SORT SOMETHING FOR THIS AND DISCUSS AT A MEETING WITH ME, ? AND A FEW OTHER MEMBERS

5TH MATCH - MARK DOLAN VS ? IN AN EXTREME RULES MATCH THAT WILL BLOW THE ROOF OFF THE PLACE

6TH MATCH - EITHER A ROYAL RUMBLE OR BATTLE ROYAL TO DETERMINE THE CHAMPION FOR THE NEWLY VACATED BELT BY ?

7TH MATCH - POSSIBLY AN EXTRA ADDED MATCH

Either this is a joke listing or somebody's screwed up cut and paste. But the show's only a quid to get in.