Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Recently watched Mania XX and I completely forgot that Undertaker Vs Kane was given the "dead slot" just before the main event (yep, that main event that never happened) and was only given just over 6 minutes!! Seems ludicrous. Are the any reasons/theories why Taker Vs Kane was booked so weak? 

Edited by Slapnuts

• Paid Members

Recently watched Mania XX and I completely forgot that Undertaker Vs Kane was given the "dead slot" just before the main event (yep, that main event that never happened) and was only given just over 6 minutes!! Seems ludicrous. Are the any reasons/theories why Taker Vs Kane was booked so weak? 

Not sure, but it was really crap compared to their epic encounter at WrestleMania XIV. I don’t know about any one else, but that’s one of my favourite WrestleMania matches ever.

• Paid Members

Probably because they knew the story/impact would be Taker coming back, reverting to the "Dead Man" character, his entrance etc, and at that stage a match between the two wouldn't be up to much. Which makes their 2010 run for the Big Gold Belt even more mystifying.

That finish in the WWE title match at Vengeance 03 is awful.

A 3 way with Lesnar (the champ), Angle and Big Show.

Angle pins Lesnar to win the belt. Big Show wasnt even on the next PPV, he had already been beaten by Brock at the previous PPV. The match set up a Angle v Lesnar match at SummerSlam were Angle again beat Lesnar? I dont understand why they had Brock lose 2 PPVs in a row as a babyface. I appreciate he turned not long after but back to my original point, why the hell didnt Big Show take the pin at Vengeance? I have no issue with putting the belt on Angle but beating Lesnar twice was soft.

• Paid Members

Angle pins Lesnar to win the belt. Big Show wasnt even on the next PPV, he had already been beaten by Brock at the previous PPV. The match set up a Angle v Lesnar match at SummerSlam were Angle again beat Lesnar? I dont understand why they had Brock lose 2 PPVs in a row as a babyface.

Lesnar had turned heel by SummerSlam.

Well seeing as my argument was based on Lesnar not turning til after SSlam ive defo seen my arse here.

Cheers for the education lads. I will do a bit more research next time.

Loving 2002 SD! aswell. Beautiful People intro rules.

Edited by Fanny Pack

Beautiful People was also used for the first few of episodes of Raw Is War but edited to We're All Together Now on the Network.  They need to get cracking and start uploading Raw and SD from 2000.

They've recently added a few more Smackdowns from 2000, which is a good start.   I'm more keen to see those than Raw, as they were never on TV here.