Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I don't know whether he was chucking out ideas hypothetically or basing it on an actual conversation with Rock (who he speaks to) but Meltzer did give the example of working with Reigns were Reigns to get over massive. It sounded like a deal where it would have to be big enough work work, but Rock might be interested in doing something as they are cousins (that is, they are completely unrelated but are both Samoan wrestlers.)

• Moderators

Botchamania shared this post on FB, from a guy who chatted to Virgil recently.

So Virgil told us his alleged penis size. No one asked him this. No one was even discussing this. He just volunteered this during a conversation about women. Here is a list of Virgil fun facts I learned, spoken by Virgil himself -

- He still works for WWE
- He has been in 17 WrestleManias
- He had a $7 million contract with WCW
- That contract was guaranteed money through 2005 (NOTE: Keep in mind, EVERY other WCW guy's guaranteed deal ended by early 2003)
- He once measured Daniel Bryan, and he is only 4'11"
- Andre the Giant was 7'6.5"
- If you wanted Hulk or Rock to sign something, they'd charge you $1,000. This is why his $20-30 charge was acceptable. Austin is $750.
- If you collected all of the NWO guys' trading cards, you could sell the set for thousands of dollars.
- The WrestleMania 4 main event was Virgil & DiBiase with Andre in their corner vs. Hogan & Savage with Liz in their corner
- Zach Gowen was in his late 20s when he was in WWE
- Virgil was the youngest man signed to WWE in history (NOTE: According to Online World of Wrestling, Virgil would have been 25 when he started in WWF)
- TNA paid Hogan $25 million and Flair $15 million.
- Undertaker's real name is Mark Caraway.
- Vince McMahon ran every other wrestling magazine out of business and is the only one left (ironic, eh?)
- The only official NWO shirt ever had "NWO 4 Life" on the front and "Too Sweet" on the back.
- After Vince bought WCW, he filled an entire landfill with WCW merchandise. Then, he and Triple H got into a helicopter and dropped a lighter on it, burning it all.
- His penis size....according to him... is 14.5 inches (NOTE: I looked it up, the world record is only 13.5 inches).

This plus his incessant talking, complaining, insulting people who refused to pay him money under his breath, swearing around children, and just generally being Virgil, has eliminated all my patience. The vendor on the other side of him somehow switched tables specifically to get away from him, vowing he will demand a refund from the Con if he's ever placed next to him again. THAT was my weekend.

I should probably compile a Mad Lies of Virgil. Back in the day, I talked to some guy who'd worked a show with Virgil, and he'd told him that he trained Dynamite Kid and Chris Benoit "in Japan" at the same time, and headlined MSG in a singles match against Tugboat.

Good old Virgil. Remember reading years ago he was working as a teacher, but that's probably based on him telling someone that, so christ knows what he really gets upto when he's not hard selling at conventions or indy shows. The man's more a mystery than Keyser Soze.

Can we have a book full of great wrestling lies/tall tales. My fave was Brutus Beefcake saying that DDP hit him with a chair in the back while in WCW, which somehow cut his head and the blood was spurting on the crowd 20ft away. I think it ended up on one of Kayfabe Commentaries YouShoot/Timelines

• Paid Members

I know I'm probably only repeating what others have already said, but having just finished listening to it, I can't say enough good things about Ariel Helwani's interview with Paul Heyman on last week's MMA hour.

I had considered skipping it after having read all the juicy bits being reported across the newz sites, but I'm incredibly happy I gave it a go regardless because it's absolutely phenomenal.

I'm not even exaggerating when I say it was arguably more insightful and interesting than Heyman's documentary itself. At the very least it's the perfect companion piece and I would highly recommend it to anyone with an interest in Heyman, pro wrestling, MMA, or all three. Outstanding stuff.

Out of interest though, does anyone know what Heyman is referring to when he mentions Stephanie telling a story on the Blu Ray extras that brought him to tears? Something about a text message sent at midnight or something?

• Paid Members

When I met Virgil I asked him if he was still wrestling at all. He went "Pfft. I don't need to wrestle. I make $150,000 a year teaching part time". Then he tried to sell me an NWO t-shirt for £25 as he pulled a hand full of Zubaz out of his arse.

Why do the police in WWE have to literally read the person their rights? I've never seen that on any US cop show...taking out a little credit sized card with the lines on it. Surely if they were doing it day after day they'd no the rights off by heart? Always looks so phony in WWE.

• Paid Members

I am slowly being pulled back into wrestling. I have caught odd bits of WWE over the past few weeks and I really like Dean Ambrose. He's the third best Dean in wrestling ever. I also watched the whole of last week's NXT. Enzo Amore and Sami Zayn have IT.

• Paid Members

just randomly watched the WCW World War 3 main event and the finish had to be one of the most poorly executed swerves in history with Nash posing as Sting...were we really meant to buy that whilst it lasted. As soon as he walked out it was clear that it was Nash under the mask...he even stepped over the top rope!