Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

How would it work for the UK tours though? I normally go to both Raw and Smackdown and I find that Raw is just about too much for one night, with Superstars and the dark matches. Even with an interval in between, I'd struggle to sit through the entire 7 hours of WWE weekly TV in one night.

• Paid Members

How would it work for the UK tours though? I normally go to both Raw and Smackdown and I find that Raw is just about too much for one night, with Superstars and the dark matches. Even with an interval in between, I'd struggle to sit through the entire 7 hours of WWE weekly TV in one night.

I dont think it would. Those are big money earners, so I'd imagine it would be just business as usual. Whereas in the states, if you tape Raw and Smackdown on the same night, you're saving about $600,000. It really doesn't matter anyway to be fair. I bet most of the audience dont know if a Raw is live or taped. I didnt know those episodes of Superstars were taped when i was 7.

Maybe they would record the matches and in ring promos but not show the backstage segments etc etc

All that stuff would get added in for the tv show

If you took out all the backstage segments ,advert breaks and all the raw recap stuff it would easily be under an hour

• Paid Members

The new Paul Heyman DVD is fantastic......

Excellent documentary. you get a whole different viewpoint of him as a boss, performer and a member of creative. Best documentary they've done in years.

Absolutely right. It's a terrific watch. That bit where he's literally dragging a promo out of Val is the best bit. It shows what he's all about.

You get the impression that he's happier than ever, he's more humble, he loves people he works with and he lives for his kids. Though as Ian says, you can't ever really believe him!

I thought the doc could have been even better. The ECW stuff was my least favourite part, aside from the great footage. It was the stuff we've heard a million times without Heyman giving any real insight. It was just the same old "too big to be small, too small to be big stuff".

It suffered from the lack of Vince too. Vinny Mac's opinion on Paul E. and explanation for why he keeps working with him would have added to it. Instead we get Stephanie who is as myopic as she causes Paul E. of being! Like her refusal to consider that their version of ECW might have been shite rather than the issue just being Heyman's.

Steve Austin would have added to it big time as a talking head too.

They're minor gripes though, you've got to see it. It's great.

• Paid Members

While it is indeed a good watch, I'm not so sure I'd go with calling it the best they've done etc. Heyman is always a compelling talker and some of the footage is cool.

The best chapters are definitely the ECW and Smackdown ones. I've never enjoyed the original ECW product, but the story behind it and Heyman's methods are fascinating. Like everybody pointed out, Heyman trying his hardest to get a promo out that big lad was interesting.

The Smackdown one I liked partly because I have fond memories watching his Smackdown early Saturday morning on Sky1 and it was during a time when Raw was on a run of some rotten shows. You can tell Heyman is still pissed off that they let him go because he was doing well by them.

My favourite part of the documentary was trying to figure out what was a lie and if Heyman had any tell signs. He's such a good performer that you never really know.

• Paid Members

Could be the producers wanted to point out that people wouldn't know who Punk was in Heyman hadn't seen enough in him to call him up from developmental and make him a focal part of WWECW. He likely wouldn't be where he is now without Heyman pointing that spotlight on him to begin with.

Edited by Au

• Paid Members

One minor thing that stood out on the DVD was when Bray Wyatt turned up as a talking head. He's only been going full time in WWE with the character for a year now, but it made me realise how well protected his gimmick is. Even in the talking head he was sort of playing it up a little.