Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I don't know what FelatioLips is on about. Wrestling was brilliant and flawless all the time and there was absolutely nothing to dislike in its entire history, and then one day it went PG and became shit overnight because they hired John Cena and Hernswiggle. It was literally Austin running over Rock's rental car for mad workrate and lulz on Raw, and then the next Smackdown, Harnswuggle won the Cruiserweight belt from the talented guys who had workrate and charisma, and Cena wrote poopy on a car. Nobody ever got sick of attitude era style edgy wrestling and the WWE never ran out of decent ideas for it, everyone loved every bit of it. It was PG that ruined wrestling. Countless pubescent dunces on forums can't be wrong.

Brilliant stuff. How long have you had that one stored up?? :)

I love those Cena promos from that era but agree on most of the other stuff. It was a desperate time, particularly on Raw. They were just throwing smut at a wall and hoping something stuck.

I don't miss the blood at all either. I do think they could use it very occasionally now to put things over the top. For instance, the next guy who leaves John Cena a bloody mess gets over big time. Smart of them.

Unrelated to anything. WTF is a dog faced gremlin?

I think I remember reading WWE no longer has to blur the WWF scratch logo as that directive has now expired. Not sure where or when I read that though.

It didn't expire, they negotiated a deal with the new head of the WWF to begin using the logo again and managed to come to some sort of arrangement.

• Paid Members

I think I remember reading WWE no longer has to blur the WWF scratch logo as that directive has now expired. Not sure where or when I read that though.

It didn't expire, they negotiated a deal with the new head of the WWF to begin using the logo again and managed to come to some sort of arrangement.
Cool. Thanks for clearing that up. I though something had happened for them to be allowed to use it again.

• Paid Members

They pretty much decided the editing process would be too much work now they were launching the network and decided it was worth making a deal. I do like the idea that some pandas have lived so that I can watch WrestleMania 17 uncut.

Bret Hart's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder about the performance center, he reckons that half the trainers there are shit and it's all just mates looking after mates with the jobs there. Brookside's always had a great reputation as a trainer though, hasn't he?

Edited by King Pitcos

I see Bret's point. But at the same time, mates look after mates in every industry. Bret has had a problem with Terry Taylor for years, he hated the fact that 'Red Rooster' was giving boys orders in WCW. In Bret's mind, it should only be former draws and world champions dishing out the training. The problem there is, most former draws and world championsare now off enjoying the fruits of their labour .