Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Thtardutht is wank isn't he? Dustin can pull it off, Cody just comes across as a proper numpty.

Since Goldusts return last year, I'd say he's crept into my top 5 ever now. Always enjoyed his matches and his character, just hoping this new stardust shit doesn't ruin it all.

• Paid Members

Chris Jericho, I don't get why he's so revered. I loved his stuff with Ralphus in WCW and his WWF debut, but can't think of anything he's done since that I've really enjoyed. Admittedly, I haven't been a rabid viewer for a few years but I even saw someone trying to promote Chris Jericho as 'Mr Wrestlemania' on JR's blog recently, which I found laughable.

• Paid Members

Chris Jericho, I don't get why he's so revered. I loved his stuff with Ralphus in WCW and his WWF debut, but can't think of anything he's done since that I've really enjoyed. Admittedly, I haven't been a rabid viewer for a few years but I even saw someone trying to promote Chris Jericho as 'Mr Wrestlemania' on JR's blog recently, which I found laughable.

Solid and versatile worker over a twenty year career spanning Mexico, Japan and the big three in the US. Got over big time in both heel and baby roles and could work any spot on the card. He might not be to a lot of fans' tastes these days, but it's not difficult to see why he's well respected.

Stardust is shit. I've seen a lot of praise for the gimmick online and I've no idea why. It's proper cringe-worthy in a way Goldust never was.

Having watched Mania 12 on the Monday afternoon afterwards with my parents, I'll have to disagree with that

Right about Stardust though, it's shite, really can't understand why they can't give Cody something that proper plays to his strengths, he comes across sound as fuck (or did) when he was on the JBL and Cole show so I don't know why it doesn't translate to the proper shows

Yeah that is laughable. Chris has been involved in some excellent Wrestlemania matches for sure, but there is also a lot of fluff on his resume. Saying that, to say he's done nothing great since 1999/2000 is also way off the mark. His 2003 and 2008 work with Shawn Michaels was excellent, his 2005 feud with Cena was fun, had some blinding matches with Rock in 2001. Objectively here's plenty to see why people like him, even if he isn't your cup of tea. 

If he's going o be ripped for anything, it should be for the awful comedy on his podcast. 

• Paid Members

Yeah that is laughable. Chris has been involved in some excellent Wrestlemania matches for sure, but there is also a lot of fluff on his resume. Saying that, to say he's done nothing great since 1999/2000 is also way off the mark. His 2003 and 2008 work with Shawn Michaels was excellent, his 2005 feud with Cena was fun, had some blinding matches with Rock in 2001. Objectively here's plenty to see why people like him, even if he isn't your cup of tea.

If he's going o be ripped for anything, it should be for the awful comedy on his podcast.

I'll back him up. I've barely enjoyed Jericho since 2000 either. The fun elements of his character became really repetitive, really quickly. As a main event heel, he was about as believable as Spud (Ok, very slight exaggeration).

He's had his moments since, the matches with The Rock in 2001 and the Cena feud mentioned being the pick. Enjoyed his matches with Misterio a couple of years ago too.

However generally I've enjoyed him less and less with every naff, repetitive comeback. He's a decent hand but he's never been as good as I imagined he would be.

Rick's last paragraph sums it up perfectly. Every time Jericho returns, he erodes what made him enjoyable. Bit by bit. I think I would be happy if I never saw him in the ring again. The idea of thinking that 10-15 years ago would have been alien to me.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/08/03/wrestler-dave-bautista-guardians-of-the-galaxy/13343477/

Good little article and video interview with Batista. With all the great reviews he's been getting, I wonder if he will even be back in WWE. He must have acting offers coming in left and right.

Guardians has smashed a record as well: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3885&p=.htm

Edited by King Pitcos