Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Considering WWE are making almost a big deal of KENTA signing to NXT as Sting potentially signing, the former looks like a right miserable fucker in each of the pictures on the WWE website. Does he always look that miserable? Is it part of his stick? Or just bad photos used?

Say what you want, mate, it's all schticks and stones to him.

There's no thread for the Progress show on Sunday so I'll leave this here:

The guys at Progress really went above and beyond for me on Sunday. I was running late into London so was catching the tail end of the Samoa Joe M&G only to find that they had to call it early. They sorted me out to still meet Joe at the end of the show when they could've easily refunded me or something.

For a promotion that got as big as quick as Progress it would be easy for them to take larger strides over the smaller stuff, but the guys were down to earth and made sure that each paying fan got exactly what they wanted and paid for. Fantastic customer service and a pretty damn good show to boot with Andrews/Dennis vs London Riots really excelling.

It was my first time to see Progress as well on Sunday, got to say the amazing visual of seeing I can't remember if it was Havoc or the Riots but seeing 600-700 people turning their backs on them during the entrance and raising the middle finger to them was something to be seen,

Can easily see Progress outgrowing the Ballroom place they are running, would recommend it to anyone to go and see. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I saw a pic of Hunter and Steph with Katy Perry the other day after they had employed her to sing at their daughters Birthday. It got me thinking about Vince. What kind of Granddad do you think he is? The happy, jovial gives the grandkids piggybacks and takes them down the park, turned up at that party and was doing some embarrasing dancing to Katy or do you think he's one of those really miserable fucking Grandfathers who thinks the Grandkids are just annoying. I reckon it'd be great having old Vince as a Granddad, just imagine being able to say "Granddad tell me a story" can you imagine all the cool stuff he could tell you? 

They brought their daughter to a Katy Perry concert and got the VIP treatment, it wasnt a private show just for mini trips. Perry was tweeting about it

From an old Observer...

Finally Paul Bearer with his natural light brown hair color (he was supposed to get it bleached blonde last week but after taking all the black stuff out after six years, he was told if he were to bleach it this soon that a lot of the hair would break off) was about to reveal the secret. Undertaker came out and told people to forgive him and hinted he was going to kill, as in murder, Paul right there. He started choking him, but then stopped as though he couldn't kill him, and then bowed down to him and Bearer will now manage him. The secret is something to the effect that there were three graves (actually Bearer got this far)--one of his mom, one for his dad, and the other for him. Apparently Papa Shango did some kind of voodoo to raise Undertaker from the dead, which will be the story to explain his return as Shango is said to have signed a four-year contract and will get a megapush. Shango has been working as the manager of a strip club in Las Vegas for several years. Brian Lee was also considered for this role. As a wrestler, not to manage a strip club in Vegas.

I'd heard the talk of Papa Shango coming back that year and then being nixed when they came up with the Kane character, but never knew that the storyline was that he'd brought Undertaker back from the dead as a kid.

Same issue reports that even in June 1997, Austin 3:16 was already the best selling WWF shirt ever and that they were breaking records on merch sales even though box office and TV hadn't picked up.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

The old Observers are great, eh? They're usually my go to reading material when I'm on the shitter. You're guaranteed a couple of great nuggets.

It would have been interesting to see how they fitted in the Papa Shango gimmick in with the new direction.

They should bring back the Shango character (doesn't have to be Wright playing it). When randoms talk about wrestling he's as fondly remembered as Hulk Hogan and Warrior.

Edited by ColinBollocks

It would've been pretty much the Kane story, wouldn't it? Just with Undertaker refusing to fight his maker until finally he couldn't take it any more and had to put him down at WrestleMania 14. Although I can't see Undertaker vs Shango having rematches on seventeen PPVs that year like Taker and Kane did. I can't imagine Shango moving on from that feud to other stuff and general WWF stardom/longevity as a character, either, but then I would never have guessed that for Kane.

I remember talk a while back where Lawler had done an interview saying he had designed a mask for the Shango re-debut in 1997 but that got nixed for Kane.

Thinking back to Shango (who i was terrified of as a child) he debuted in early 92, had the (mistimed) run in in the main event at Mania and by SummerSlam, had the hyped Warrior angle and then he was a pure jobber.

Edited by Fanny Pack

• Paid Members

I've just seen Truth Martini holding the Book of Truth in a commercial for a new show on E4 around people pretending to be posh in America.

Having googled him he runs his own training school, may be something to do with that.

Edited by Shy Dad