Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
Def Jam Vendetta was brilliant, Fight For NY was even better and still stands up as one of the great 3D fighters. I'm pretty sure they were rated very highly by the mags and websites of the day too, shame Icon was absolute shite.

 

I still play through fight for NY every couple of years, its a great game. Sadly I got that first and then picked up the first one second, which while still a great game felt a bit timid next to fight for NY.

 

I can't say the same for the backyard wrestling game.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'd forgotten Nikolai Volkoff's run in Ted Dibiase's Million Dollar Corporation - especially the cents signs on his trunks :laugh:

  • Paid Members
Posted
I'd forgotten Nikolai Volkoff's run in Ted Dibiase's Million Dollar Corporation - especially the cents signs on his trunks :laugh:

 

How or why did Volkoff bag a job in 1994? Never understood how. Vince being nice maybe, like Sheik in '91?

  • Paid Members
Posted

Dunno. I was trying to figure out for how many consecutive weeks he sat in the front row at Raw in his red and yellow suit. He was bloody awful, though, by this point.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Dunno. I was trying to figure out for how many consecutive weeks he sat in the front row at Raw in his red and yellow suit. He was bloody awful, though, by this point.

 

I love how he wore the same suit he had back on TNT in the mid-80's. He must have owned just the one suit. He also turned up out of nowhere on an early episode of Shotgun Saturday Night in 1997.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Dunno. I was trying to figure out for how many consecutive weeks he sat in the front row at Raw in his red and yellow suit. He was bloody awful, though, by this point.

 

I love how he wore the same suit he had back on TNT in the mid-80's. He must have owned just the one suit. He also turned up out of nowhere on an early episode of Shotgun Saturday Night in 1997.

Living on the streets! It definitely sounds like something Vince or the lads in the office would have found funny.

Posted (edited)

I can't quite believe I'm saying this, but I've actually started to enjoy Taz on commentary. He is really, really bad (terrible in fact) and yet I can't help but enjoy his shitarse gloating. Him shouting "YES!" at everything remotely in A&8's favour, or making really bad, ill-informed quips and utterly woeful jokes. I like to think that if it was me at the desk, I would be doing the same dreadful spiel and winding everyone up in the process.

 

He makes me laugh, but I don't know if he's meant to make me laugh.

Edited by Forrest
Posted

When I actually watch TNA (which I'll admit to being hardly ever), I always think Tazz sounds heartbroken over being away from Michael Cole and that when he's not recording iMPACT! he's just sitting on the couch watching his best mate making jokes with Lawler on RAW while shoveling ice cream into his face.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The main event of Smackdown this week is fucking ace.

 

Also, The Miz is a great babyface wrestler and the fans easily get behind him in his matches, it's quite remarkable. He really gets it. If only he could cut a babyface promo he'd be money.

Edited by LaGoosh
Posted

This comes up on here every so often, but there's no reason for Sting to look THAT shit, is there? If his physique has gone to pot, they could get an outfit made up that covers it. With the T-shirt and stuff now, it looks like he just can't be arsed. It's been years now since he's felt like getting his tits out and he probably won't do again, so just bite the bullet and do him some new ring gear.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

He has an outfit that makes him cover his physique up under it. He must prefer to wear a t-shirt, though. He doesn't wear his t-shirts when shit is about to go down. For the big pay-per-views he gets them out for the lads. Dont know why he doesn't just wear his normal clothes for angles and interviews and wear his ring outfit for the matches. He actually looks younger without the face paint.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted (edited)

Seeing as he's being called Curtis Axel everywhere, it's a bit weird that his 'tron said 'Curt' on Raw...

 

He's in urgent need of a shave and a haircut, mind.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz
  • Paid Members
Posted

There's a theory they planned to call him Curt Axel and then realised at the last minute it was too close to Kurt Angle.

Posted
Seeing as he's being called Curtis Axel everywhere, it's a bit weird that his 'tron said 'Curt' on Raw...

 

He's in urgent need of a shave and a haircut, mind.

 

The thing is, his hairline doesn't give many options. He's looked like a fifty year old paedophile since he first got to FCW. All they can really do is shave it off, and have him bowl around like ShortOrderCook.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...