Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted May 23, 2013 Moderators Posted May 23, 2013 Hell yes. Still one of my favourite Youtube videos ever.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted May 23, 2013 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2013 (edited) Anyone remember that big backyard wrestling fad from a few years back? I remember hearing those videos and DVDs were outselling the WWF at one period. You see these nutters on Jerry Springer and Rikki Lake and it was a fad the world over during the boom and for a bit after the post boom. You know when something was over huge, because charity shops and pound shops are overflowed with them still because so many were shipped due to the demand. Backyard wrestling had films, computer games and all sorts of stuff out. Anyone who ever bought one of those tapes will see that it was really shit and actually quite tame. You've Been Framed with light tubes. But for how shite the videos were, you have to say whoever was behind that marketing needs a firm handshake. They must have done well out of it. Especially since there were no stars and just idiots getting hit with toasters and what have you. Edited May 23, 2013 by IANdrewDiceClay
Paid Members CleetusVanDamme Posted May 23, 2013 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2013 Tylene Buck getting her tits out between chapters was the main selling point of the dvds. I had one of the games as well. Absolutely awful, and it got a fucking ICP song stuck in my head for ages. Should have been banned!
TheShowOff Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 Tylene Buck getting her tits out between chapters was the main selling point of the dvds. She is doing online sex chats now.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted May 23, 2013 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2013 (edited) I had one of the games as well. Absolutely awful, and it got a fucking ICP song stuck in my head for ages. Should have been banned! Oh, I had the first one and you just hit the nail on the head there. Even now I can still hear the songs in my head without actually knowing the songs name. They just repeated them over and over. The gameplay was terrible as well. I thought the little cut scenes were clever though. Edited May 23, 2013 by IANdrewDiceClay
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted May 23, 2013 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2013 Was the game the one with the big titted blonde on the cover? I had that one, it sounds like the one you're on about. And yes, it was shit.
Paid Members Maverick Posted May 23, 2013 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2013 Think this is the one you mean Wando, both were absolutely awful. Wasn't there some terrible def jam wrestling game aswell?
Forrest Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 (edited) I found one of this BYW DVDs for 50p in CEX and bought it on the flimsiest of whims. It's totally of it's time and even then, they were pretty terrible but there's something about them that I like. It has a charm, but I can't say what that charm is. Maybe it was the prospect of unwittingly finding yourself being tombstoned from a roof onto banana boxes or being busted open hardway with the window cleaner's ladder... Maybe it was being able to get away with buying a DVD at the age of 13 with Major Gunns being filth on it because you passed it off as being "just like WWF" to your parents when you saw it in Asda. I'm not entirely sure. Edited May 23, 2013 by Forrest
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted May 23, 2013 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2013 Was the game the one with the big titted blonde on the cover? Yes. Violent J was on the cover.
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted May 23, 2013 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2013 (edited) That's it Solo, yeah. Def Jam Vendetta you're thinking of. I bought that as well. Christ, I bought some shit back then. EDIT - Ha, Violent J did have an ample set of bosoms. Edited May 23, 2013 by wandshogun09
Twatters Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 I thought the Def Jam wrestling games were actually alot of fun. I still play the Gamecube versions every now and then but haven't in a while. IIRC they use the same engine and controls to No Mercy.
Forrest Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 Isn't Def Jam Vendetta the game that was meant to originally be No Mercy 2, but when the N64 died and the AKI license ended, they just ended up using the same engine?
Merzbow Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 Def Jam Vendetta was brilliant, Fight For NY was even better and still stands up as one of the great 3D fighters. I'm pretty sure they were rated very highly by the mags and websites of the day too, shame Icon was absolute shite.
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted May 23, 2013 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2013 Actually, just checked and it was Def Jam Icon I got. So I bought the only shit Def Jam game?
Merzbow Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 Yep, but i don't think the other two work on modern consoles, i found out that Fight for NY won't play on the 360 after buying it.
Recommended Posts