Ant Posted May 22, 2013 Posted May 22, 2013 (edited) I went over to Belfast for a house show in October 2004. Eddie had a great match with Angle. Probably better than most of the TV stuff they did. Everything just clicked. Before the show I was wandering around the Odyssey cokplex and the wrestlers coaches arrived. Dawn Marie and Eddie were the only wrestlers to sign autographs and take pictures with the fans. Eddie looked absolutely fucked, but would put on that cheeky face for the pics with the kids then fall back into looking like a ghost. Edited May 22, 2013 by Ant
NorthSeaTiger Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 Today marks the 14th anniversary of the death of Owen Hart. I'm just reading his widow's book, Broken Harts, and it certainly paints a painful figure of not only a man killed in a negligent stunt, but a whole family of money/fame hungry nutters all out for their slice of the pie. Obviously we all know the stories of the Hart family and how mental a lot of them were, but to read just how desperate some of them were to take Vince's side so they could ask for jobs is breathtaking. Their baby brother died in a tragic stunt, and instead of wanting justice, they wanted employment through Vince's guilt. Think I shall go and watch the Hart And Soul DVD and relive some of his matches.
Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted May 23, 2013 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2013 It's really amazing that nobody is in jail for that. Surely the makers of the rigging should be up there for providing an unsafe piece of kit?
NorthSeaTiger Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 That's a thought I've had whilst reading the book. The clip used only needed 6lbs of pressure, such as lifting your arms above your head, to release it. So to know this, and still use it to suspend a 230lb guy 70ft above an arena is surely criminal. And the fact that the guy who designed the rigging was by all accounts not even a senior guy but a helper if you will. So he even lied about his credentials and was proven to be inexperienced with the rigging needed for the stunt to be done safely. Surely HE should have had some jail time. Wouldn't have brought Owen back, but at least would have shown that he was at least culpable in Owens death.
Big Rob Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 Did Eddie have any stand out matches in 04 - 05 though? I remember the ones with Rey being nothing on their WCW stuff. They had a Smackdown match in June of 2005 that was probably better than any of their WCW stuff, including Halloween Havoc. I seem to remember the match revolving at least partially around Eddie having a massive bruise on his side. One of the best Smackdown matches ever, I'm pretty sure it's on Eddie's big DVD set.
Sphinx Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 Only just realised the start of Cena's theme is sampled from
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted May 23, 2013 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2013 They had a Smackdown match in June of 2005 that was probably better than any of their WCW stuff, including Halloween Havoc. I seem to remember the match revolving at least partially around Eddie having a massive bruise on his side. One of the best Smackdown matches ever, I'm pretty sure it's on Eddie's big DVD set. I remember that match, I loved it as well. It was definitely the highlight of their 2005 feud. It's on Rey's 'Biggest Little Man' set, I think it's the Cage match from Sep 2005 which is on Eddie's set.
pol_pot_rick Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 Did Eddie have any stand out matches in 04 - 05 though? I remember the ones with Rey being nothing on their WCW stuff. They had a Smackdown match in June of 2005 that was probably better than any of their WCW stuff, including Halloween Havoc. I seem to remember the match revolving at least partially around Eddie having a massive bruise on his side. One of the best Smackdown matches ever, I'm pretty sure it's on Eddie's big DVD set. Not the Eddie set... it's on the Rey "Biggest Little Man" set, but yeah, I agree. Incredible match.
Sphinx Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 It's not. Not even the bit before the song kicks in? The abadu (or whatever he's saying) bit.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted May 23, 2013 Moderators Posted May 23, 2013 Yeah, my bad.. you are right about that bit. I thought you were talking about the main tune.
Van Dammer Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 Yeah wasnt Cena/WWE sued over it? Mainly as it wasnt a sample he just completely copied it.
Amazing_Red_Fan Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 Here's the Eddie/Rey Smackdown 05 match. Really, really good stuff. You don't really get matches on TV like this anymore! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km58n0sXjlU
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted May 23, 2013 Moderators Posted May 23, 2013 Yeah wasnt Cena/WWE sued over it? Mainly as it wasnt a sample he just completely copied it. A quick look online suggests that they did sample it, but just didn't clear the sample which is what MOP sued for. They dropped the suit, but no statement was made about what the settlement was, if anything.
Retro Red Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 (edited) Only just realised the start of Cena's theme is sampled from Edited May 23, 2013 by Megan Midas
Recommended Posts