Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

Posted

I don't see any point in that.For the most part their audience aren't going to have a fucking clue what good or bad ballroom dancing is. They shouldn't muddy the 'dance' act, or the fact that he's a proud, world class dancer, by pointing out he or his partner are shite.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Of course she can't dance. It's not deliberate, she's just no professional. All she needs to be able to do is a twirl and the splits and have a cracking set of pins on her. It seems pointless to hire a real dancer just to come along for that.

Posted

I like them using a real dancer for the girl. One of the great bits about Fandango for me is that he does barely any dancing himself and just looks like a right sleazy prick, winking and pulling faces while the girl dances. Him being a massive sinister charlatan paired up with a girl who knows her stuff works better for me.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Has he actually proven that, though? He says he is, but there's not been any dance performance of significant length to show it, just 10-second bursts of not a lot during entrances etc. My reading of it is that the whole "I'm a world class dancer" thing could be bullshit, and unless I'm totally mistaken Cole has questioned that a couple of times on commentary. I think the response was a belligerent "Of course he is what he says his is" from JBL, but that's classic heeling.

 

As I said, just my reading of it. Could be wrong.

 

Edit: My post was in response to Daz. Seems PITCOS has a similar opinion to me.

Edited by Statto
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Totally agree with Pitcos here. I think the genuine dancer adds to Fandangos aura in a much better way than Summer Rae. It becomes too much of a joke or something with Summer and her being shit and as well. And the dancer carries herself awesomely for wrestling (I suppose you need great presence on the dance floor too), I think she interacts better and has greater chemistry with 'Dango. Also, the look she has when she stands at the end of the entrance way while Fandango does his bit and his opponent comes down and walks past is sexy as hell.

Edited by ShortOrderCook
  • Paid Members
Posted

I agree that the pro dancer is really good (and fantastic to look at), but just from a logistical point of view, it makes sense to stick with someone that can be incorporated into the act a little more now that the gimmick has been established.

Posted
We need country singer Double J to come back and sing With My Baby Tonight whilst Fandango dances to it.

 

We all know the D O Double G really sang it.

 

Posted (edited)
Also, the look she has when she stands at the end of the entrance way while Fandango does his bit and his opponent comes down and walks past is sexy as hell.

 

Absolutely, noticed that the first time Jericho twatted Fandango

 

Regarding Summer Rae, Didn't think much of her when she first turned up but after last weeks Raw and looking at some pictures from when she was in that lingerie American football thing, I'm definitely a fan of hers now

Edited by Dr.PeterVenkman
  • Paid Members
Posted

Whilst I don't exactly mind Roman Reigns using the spear as a finish, it is a bit played out, and is already being used as a finish by Kaitlyn, and as a signature move by Big Show.

 

Time to resurrect the Clothesline from Hell.

Posted

One of Ryback's specials is a big clothesline, though. The Dominator hasn't been used since Lashley, has it? Reigns could have that in singles. I agree that the spear is overdone, but it has worked perfectly for the finishes they have done in their matches.

  • Paid Members
Posted

He's one of the first guys in years to do a decent one, too. I don't mind it so much because at least he looks good, really commits to it. Would be cool if he used a big power move in singles though. Powerbomb would work, since it's just a variation of what The Shield use already.

Posted

Reigns has a successful football background, which probably contributes to his spear looking so good. Wasn't the reason Lashley dropped the Dominator because it wreaks havoc on the knees? A powerbomb is probably the best bet for a replacement, but I'd let him keep the Spear.

Posted (edited)

Standing dominators look better, I think.

 

Providing the person taking the bump commits to it, that is.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...