Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Just been watching the 95 King of the Ring.

Dok Hendricks during the Mable/Taker match "if this match ends in a time limit draw then the King of the Ring will be the winner of the Savio Vega, Roadie match" Now that's a top tier winner of the tournament right there!

• Paid Members

I've never seen it. 1995 was one of those rare periods where I had neither a Sky subscription or anybody who would tape wrestling for me.

It's probably for the best because I watched some RAWs from that era on the network a while ago, and it might be the most awkward time in wrestling history. You've got kid friendly gimmicks like Dean Douglas, TL Hopper and that, but then you get top babyface Shawn Michaels teasing getting his cock out while Vince orgasms on commentary.

I'd love to know who their target audience was in those days. Teenagers who got beat up a lot?

• Paid Members

I've never actually seen KOTR 95, but I'm quite tempted to give it a whirl on the Network after work tonight now...

I think it's watchable. It's shit but it's campy shit like all of their TV at that time. Plus, it's not as bad when you know what happens because you can laugh at how terrible it is. At the time, being invested in HBK or The Undertaker, you'd have cried.

Skip the main event though. Nearly 20 minutes. Feels like hours.

• Paid Members

Yeah, as a 9 year old kid I was 100% sure we were getting a first time ever Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker match as the KOTR final in 95. To say I was disappointed when the actual final ended up being Sherman Klump in a purple babygrow vs a fat Beppe De Marco off Eastenders, is an understatement.