The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12/29/16831228/yoel-romero-vs-david-branch-slated-for-ufc-on-fox-28

Yoel's next fight is booked, so it appears he won't be Bisping's last fight either. That's Rockhold, Romero, Machida and Vitor all with fights booked less than 2 months from the London card. 

From the rankings, Romero and Branch is a good fight to make with both men coming off of losses. I think Romero will take it too, probably by devastating flying knee KO at 4:47 in the 3rd. 

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Only middleweight 'name' I can think of now who isn't booked is Chris Weidman. And Bisping and Weidman have got history of talking shit about each other and going back and forth on twitter and stuff. If not Weidman then they're probably looking further down the rankings to just give Bisping a win on the way out. 

I like Romero vs Branch. 

I remember seeing Manuwa tweeting something about having fight news ready to announce, so I could see him being lined up for the London show as well. It's the 10th one they've done over here so maybe they'll load it up a little in comparison to some of the others. 

Till vs Wonderboy and Manuwa vs Glover sounds like a strong double-header to me.

• Paid Members
On 29 December 2017 at 2:15 PM, wandshogun09 said:

We just found out we're having another baby, due early July. 

3 hours ago, dopper said:

No possibility of a Miesha Tate comeback any time soon because she has just announced on Instagram that she is pregnant with a baby girl. 

I already broke this news in the How Was 2017? thread in off topic. 

;) 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I already broke this news in the How Was 2017? thread in off topic. 

;) 

Haha, congrats Wand. We're expecting our 3rd end of June as well. I'm frankly terrified.

Regarding Tate, got to feel for Bryan Caraway (despite him being a twat). Put all those years in for Miesha to then get pregnant within a few months of meeting a new fella. I didn't even realise that guy is Johnny Nunez either (from TUF).

• Paid Members

Thanks mate and congratulations back. I'm also bricking it but pleased as punch at the same time. 

Balls to Caraway though. Little div. He looked like Shane Douglas if you shrunk him in the wash. He was always punching above his weight with Miesha. If Nunez is the one I'm thinking of he seemed a pretty good guy on TUF. 

Looks aside, I was never the biggest fan of Miesha. It wasn't all from the stretch of Caraway either. There was just something about her that I couldn't warm to. She had some really fun fights though. Easily some of the best fights in the history of the women's game. The two losing efforts vs Ronda stand out obviously but the absolute corker with Julie Kedzie in Strikeforce was probably my favourite. Incredible fight. Her fights with Cat Zingano and Marloes Coenen weren't far behind. I hope she sticks to retirement. She seemed to really genuinely believe she was done in her retirement speech and interviews following. It was actually refreshing and cool to see a fighter recognise it was over and leave on their own terms before it got sad for once. I think she's good at the analyst stuff when she's done it for FOX so there's still an avenue for her to stay involved with MMA down the line if she chooses to. 

Archived