The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, the mention of him also having a bit of a breakdown after his TUF stint nearly a decade ago makes me think it’s an issue beyond CTE. Although, getting hit in the head is never going to help matters and might well have worsened the situation. 

I guess the positive to take from all this, and a big difference to the Benoit thing, is that this is being highlighted and will hopefully lead to him getting whatever help he needs. Sounds like Tony’s got a good woman there and she just wants the best for him. 

I also find it interesting that alcohol was brought up a couple of times in the article. I remember Eddie Bravo talking about how Tony’s training camp was going on Rogan’s podcast before the Pettis fight and he specifically mentioned that Tony had 100% cut out alcohol and was looking amazing in camp etc. Makes me wonder if the drink is something he’s had problems with as well. From what his wife is saying it at least sounds like it makes whatever his issues are worse. 

Just a shitty situation for all involved. 

Looks like the UFC are doing the right thing by him, so kudos to Dana and the organisation in that regard;

Tony Ferguson appears to be in good spirits following the recent turmoil in his life.

The UFC lightweight star shared a message on Instagram on Saturday, thanking the fans and the UFC for supporting him and his family in the wake of his wife Cristina filing a temporary restraining order against him earlier this week citing allegations of domestic violence.

“Thank you all for the great support!” Ferguson wrote. “I’m in a great spirits, UFC & Management are helping me find the help we need. I’m getting all of your messages, keep em’ coming!!! Thank you very much for the kind words, my family & team appreciates it. Lots of Love my Social Media Fam, keep the Faith couldn’t do this sh-- without you- Champ Batting Clean Up.”

• neil locked this topic

Archived