The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

Tate was a bit stand-offish to fans at the Fight Night I was at, but Ronda's complete withdrawal from everything MMA since the loss, including her PR team telling an Aussie reporter to not ask any MMA questions, has me leaning towards Tate.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/3/1/11139722/rouseys-pr-mandate-no-questions-about-fighting-or-she-will-walk-out-ufc-news

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ronda's done very little to endear herself to fans recently herself, im on Team Tate for this one.

Yeah,both pretty unlikeable at moment. Hopefully Holm can spark them both.

Agreed.

• Paid Members

Cole Miller has stepped in to fight BJ Penn at UFC 199

Tricky fight for Penn given the size of Miller. Good news is at least he's not going to end up a bloody mess. Miller isn't exactly renowned for his striking abilities. 

• Paid Members

Looks like TUF 24 is back on with the winner fighting Mighty Mouse. Coaches will be Benavidez & Cejudo.

That's certainly going to be a strange dynamic. Both coaches are still Johnson's closest competition (despite Cejudo's recent loss) so I'm not sure how they can stand by offering impartial advice to someone who is effectively leap frogging their position in the division?

• Paid Members

yeh, i hadn't even thought about it like that. Benavidez/Cejudo will be the co-main event of the Finale too likely with the winner likely getting the shot at the TUF winner/Mighty Mouse. Strange.

• Paid Members

I'd pick Miller too. BJ looked absolutely horrible against Edgar, like Cabbage fighting Sylvia. If he's anything like that again I hope the UFC refuse to give him another fight.

Bloody Elbow are reporting that they're targetting the Bisping vs Whittaker fight for a fight night in Australia in November but Bisping may well not take it.

Bisping vs Romero in Manchester is surely the way to go.

Bisping Vs Rockhold/Weidman, the blokes been in the UFC 10 years and top 10 for about 8 of those, he doesn't need to get his name out there as everyone knows it, he can also sell a fight he's being doing it long enough for random fight nights, he most likely turns it up for what could be a s last chance.

Archived