The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

From today's update on F4WOnline.com. I think this sounds brilliant.

UFC is releasing a new Fight Pass series called "Where Are They Now?" The first season will start airing shortly and will be six episodes long, covering Din Thomas, Tait Fletcher, Shonie Carter, Bobby Southworth, Noah Inhofer and Luke Cummo, who were all past fighters on The Ultimate Fighter when the show was doing big ratings.

• Paid Members

nice to see the UFC have taken all spoilers down from UFC Fight Pass (well from the most recent shows anyway), you don't get the pictures of the winner's face staring at you now when you scroll through, there's a simple 'winner backstage interview' icon instead, good work.

Chael seems to be angling to fight GSP, in their possible return matches, Chael was full of praise for GSP, saying he was out grappled the only time they ever sparred.

I think GSP wins that fight Chael is bigger but GSP is a complete MMA fighter and I think he can take him down, if he sets it up properly.

Have it in Montreal, and some trolling of the Canadians by Chael and I think this would sell.

• Paid Members

I'm done with Chael, i don't expect anything to come of it...

I listened to his podcast a few times when it started and the constant bullshit just got tiring. I gave the podcast another go the other day when i saw Tito Ortiz was a guest. The interview was passable but the Chael's lead-in was just complete bollocks again. Chael tried to put over how popular Ortiz was back in the day, he then went onto spew some spiel about how after Ortiz left the UFC basically created it's own poster boy with Andrei Arlovski, Chael rolled off that Arlovski lost to Ricco Rodriguez on the prelims of a show, but was then gifted a headline slot against Paul Buentello in his next fight just because the UFC wanted him as their new main guy. What Chael failed to mention was that between the Rodriguez and Buentello fights, Andrei actually had 6 more fights in the UFC and won the UFC Title by submitting Tim Sylvia. His facts are so far off it's embarrasing.

Bob Sapp is coming out of retirement to fight in July at the Road FC 32 show.

His opponent is a fighter called AORIGELE who is 1-2 in MMA and looks like this:

1445995781_22222222.jpg

Watch Sapp get knocked out in the first round again.  ;)

• Paid Members

Bob Sapp won his last fight, he's on a streak!

Aorigele is gonna wreck Sapp though, actually throws some tight decent punches for a tubby funster, kid can dance too:

• Paid Members

Judging from the name, hat and the fact he's from China, I'm guessing he's from Inner Mongolia. The Mongolians have a very old and strong tradition of wrestling, and the guys that do it are double-hard.

Bit of trivia: a Mongolian champion wrestler is called an arslan - meaning "lion". Indirectly where C.S. Lewis got the idea of Aslan from - think he got it from the Turkish, which is from the same ethno-linguistic group as Mongol.

• Paid Members

Judging from the name, hat and the fact he's from China, I'm guessing he's from Inner Mongolia. The Mongolians have a very old and strong tradition of wrestling, and the guys that do it are double-hard.

Judging by the number of strikes he lands after Herb Dean jumps in to stop that fight ... he's a massive bell.

• Paid Members

there he is fighting Hong-Man Choi, he's giving the big man some problems before seemingly TKO'ing himself through exhaustion. He just drops dead.

Hong Man Choi is a sorry state these days though, there's a guy who should be nowhere near a cage/ring.

• Paid Members

Judging by the number of strikes he lands after Herb Dean jumps in to stop that fight ... he's a massive bell.

That too.

• Paid Members

there he is fighting Hong-Man Choi, he's giving the big man some problems before seemingly TKO'ing himself through exhaustion. He just drops dead.

Hong Man Choi is a sorry state these days though, there's a guy who should be nowhere near a cage/ring.

What an absolutely terrible advert for MMA that is! Two (seemingly) hugely miss-matched fighters in terms of size, both in terrible physical condition, wildly swinging punches like they're in a bar brawl Dreadful.

• Paid Members

It's Asian MMA so it's acceptable.

Personally, i love shit like that. Has anyone seen that new promotion in Japan (might be Korea) that has a circular ring with a moat surrounding it (filled with dry ice for effect? It's meant to be a kumite style show with specific styles, pretty much like the old UFC's but with different rules. They've had 3 shows so far and a few decent names have taken part, bonkers.

Poor guy is broke. Pissed all his money away so had to go back to fighting. He borrowed $20'000 of one of his friends and never paid them back so they took him to court last year. He is known as a very nice guy away from the cage dispite that, so hope he doesent get hurt and can sort his spending out.

Archived