The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think any crossovers will be in the sense of WWE guys in the octagon, more of a case of WWE guys appearing ringside, promotional videos, interviews etc. I can really see it working out well

WWE guys appearing cageside? You mean as in spectators in the crowd? Not sure of the benefits of that to be honest.

I don't think any crossovers will be in the sense of WWE guys in the octagon, more of a case of WWE guys appearing ringside, promotional videos, interviews etc. I can really see it working out well

WWE guys appearing cageside? You mean as in spectators in the crowd? Not sure of the benefits of that to be honest.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I don't see WWE Divas being reduced to card-carrying eye candy. 

Again, I see no real benefit other than Lesnar doing the duel-sport thing. That may be considered worth the deal though.

giphy.gif

I don't see WWE Divas being reduced to card-carrying eye candy. 

Again, I see no real benefit other than Lesnar doing the duel-sport thing. That may be considered worth the deal though.

Don't say that word! Stephanie may hunt you down personally and kill you!

I think somebody like John Cena being interviewed ringside by Rogan would be a great thing for UFC to gain mainstream attention. Likewise can you imagine a press conference with both Vince and Dana? it will either be brilliant or a car crash either way it would be unmissable.

I have heard Summerslam will be promoted during UFC 200

• Paid Members

I think somebody like John Cena being interviewed ringside by Rogan would be a great thing for UFC to gain mainstream attention. Likewise can you imagine a press conference with both Vince and Dana? it will either be brilliant or a car crash either way it would be unmissable.

I think you really need to look into what is deemed as mainstream attention. It may appeal to WWE fans, but it certainly won't be the type of mainstream coverage that would aid in the growth of the sport. Yes it may get WWE fans invested, but I don't see their audience as mainstream. 

A joint press conference with Dana and Vince wouldn't do anything but hurt the credibility of the sport too.

I think you really need to look into what is deemed as mainstream attention. It may appeal to WWE fans, but it certainly won't be the type of mainstream coverage that would aid in the growth of the sport. Yes it may get WWE fans invested, but I don't see their audience as mainstream. 

WWE (and its stars) are certainly much more mainstream than UFC. Everybody can name a couple of wrestlers (Big daddy, Hogan, Rock), you can't say the same about MMA. My dad is a lifelong boxing fanatic yet the only MMA fighters he has heard of is Kimbo Slice and 'that Irish guy'.

• Paid Members

How big someone is doesn't really equate to being mainstream. Hogan and Rock became mainstream outside of wrestling. Yes WWF/E provided a platform, but WWE isn't mainstream. It's especially not the type of mainstream UFC craves either.

Their mainstream is ESPN, FOX, Sky, BBC etc. What type of coverage does WWE receive?

Rousey and Mcgregor are far more mainstream than any of WWE's stars these days with the coverage they receive from the outlets UFC require. 

Stephanie McMahon got interviewed alongside The Rock & other celebrities like Demi Lovato & Mark Whalberg. To hype up Rousey, they will probably allow WWE superstars to hype up Brock.

Austin & Taker probably don't have to ask but the ones who like MMA and are on TV every week probably weren't allowed.

• Paid Members

Every kid at school has probably at least heard of John Cena to be fair and a good amount of adults.

Again, that's not exactly what mainstream is when it's always been talked about in relation to the UFC.

And the only reason why adults will know who John Cena is (if they don't watch wrestling) is from their kids relentlessly talking about it. It won't be through any mainstream outlets that the UFC want attention from. 

Nah, I'm not buying any of that. Outside of Lesnar the UFC doesn't need anything from WWE. 

There's more than enough legit sports and movie stars who are happy to sit at cageside and grab their pals in headlocks when the cameras point in their direction, we don't need John Cena or Kevin Owens for that.

As for interviews? What the fuck would that accomplish? Can you imagine it?

Rogan: Well John, here we are, UFC 209, the big title fight. What do you think?

Cena: Yeah, em, it'll be good. I'd love to do a breakdown of how it'll go but I can't as I've not got a clue.

Rogan: Yeah, Cheers John. No UFC fan gives a fuck what you think anyway. You get paid to pretend to hit cunts, which makes you a bit of a joke round these parts.

Cena: Cheers Joe.

Archived