The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

Who knows?

Dada's a fascinating guy to listen to though, hes a hustler no doubt so you have to be sceptical of anything he says but i cant help but get caught up in it all.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I don't think Kimbo vs Houston was fixed at all. Simply because if you were going to fix a fight, you'd at least want one of them to come out of it looking good. They both looked like shit in that fight. It was one of the weirdest fights ever because, as I recall, round two was great fun but it was sandwiched between two of the worst rounds you'll ever see. Rounds one and three looked like a tribute to Shamrock vs Severn 2 - The Detroit Dance. The whole point of a fix is to make the winner look good/protect him. But no-one came out of that fight looking good. If it was fixed then everyone involved should've got their money back for a job shitly done.

UFC to implement new weight cutting procedures, every fighter must weigh in within 8% of their targeted weight class, anyone over this will be subject to daily weight checks.

If someone is deemed too dehydrated, they will be pulled from the card.

This will start at UFC 200 but like the USADA deal there will be a grace period while people get used to the new system.

• Paid Members

Good. They've got to try something and this seems as good an idea as any I've heard floating about. You'll never get rid of weight cutting completely, as long as there are weight classes there'll obviously always be fighters cutting weight. But at least this should limit the really silly weight cuts.

• Paid Members

Had a feeling something was up with the Brooks situation, him and Bellator haven't seen eye to eye for a while. Bellator probably put the belt on the winner of Thomson/Chandler now.

• Paid Members

Wonder what the UFC are gonna do with Paige VanZant when she's done with Dancing With the Stars, just read she's made the final and apparently she's killing it on the show, i'd imagine there's a pretty strong chance that she never returns to the UFC, i imagine she'll be hit with acting/advertising gigs galore after the show's done. If she does return to the UFC it's gonna be a pretty big deal.

• Paid Members

Well, they've missed a trick there. Should've held it in Florida, calling it the Chael Sonnen Invitational, or CSI Miami for short.

Archived