The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

It just means at that moment, that's what she thought was the right thing to do when the adrenaline and emotions are running at ridiculous levels. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong or that she didn't change her mind immediately after.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Agreed, i also don't see it being in any way some kind of calculated pro wrestling face turn shit. She just got whooped and was conceding the fact that she did.

It just means at that moment, that's what she thought was the right thing to do when the adrenaline and emotions are running at ridiculous levels. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong or that she didn't change her mind immediately after. 

You may both maybe right, and you both maybe wrong. However, as mentioned, I'm actually basing it off her behaviour immediately after in the press conference and media interviews. She did her best to portray herself as the victim of the refused handshake. I'm just putting two and two together. 

• Paid Members

I get what Chops is saying; the aftermath provides something of a context. Wasn't there also something about Caraway surreptitiously elbowing one of her opponents in the head at a presser? Sounded a bit sinister.

• Paid Members

I get what Chops is saying; the aftermath provides something of a context. Wasn't there also something about Caraway surreptitiously elbowing one of her opponents in the head at a presser? Sounded a bit sinister.

Yeah, Caraway apparently elbowed Cat Zingano in the head during the weigh ins. According to Cat:-

"I genuinely like everyone until I have a reason to dislike them. I saw [Caraway] all week, I smiled and was respectful. I get Miesha and not being bff's fight week, I'm not fighting her to make friends. But as far a corners go, good fights are the product of well coached athletes, with heart & talent.

Brian smiled back in my face then elbowed me in the head at weigh-ins. I was pissed. I considered him in that same respect. I am a fighter all the same, but that was dirty and cheap to do to anyone, let alone a girl.

They were both in on it, which makes it even more disturbing. If my husband or son ever pulled something like that, I would be their biggest problem. I won't be bullied nor condone it."

It's a bit more hazy than Caraway simply elbowing her in the dome though from what I've heard.

Basically, she was sitting on a chair and as Caraway walked past her his elbow caught her head. On purpose? Who knows, he says it wasn't. One thing that is for sure is that neither her nor her team made any issue of it at the time, which you imagine they would have done had he intentionally elbowed her.

• Paid Members

It's a bit more hazy than Caraway simply elbowing her in the dome though from what I've heard.

Basically, she was sitting on a chair and as Caraway walked past her his elbow caught her head. On purpose? Who knows, he says it wasn't. One thing that is for sure is that neither her nor her team made any issue of it at the time, which you imagine they would have done had he intentionally elbowed her.

You're right. Who knows if it was intentional. Just seems with Tate and Caraway that you often discover these little incidents that may or may not be malicious. Too many to ignore perhaps?

• Paid Members

Who knows? I'm certainly not going to brand the man when there's little evidence that he did it on purpose. 

Like I said, why didn't she or her team react at the time?

Maybe because she had a fight to focus on? I don't really think running to the media was a priority at the time. 

The most evidence you're going to get is his or her word. Based on his past previous indiscretions (For example, openly saying he would punch another woman in the face), I'm leaning towards Cat's side of the story. 

The other part of that Caraway-Zingano elbow story, if I remember rightly, was that some other fighter corroborated it and spoke as if it did seem suspicious. I have a feeling it might have been Uriah Hall and thinking, "well, he's always seemed alright and I don't think he trains with either of them or would have any reason to lie" etc. I can't find the quote though. Still, it's impossible to know if there was intent and no-one needs to waste much of their time thinking about Bryan Caraway.

Archived