The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

Floyd Mayweathers old man has said his son is in negotiations to fight 'some MMA fighter'.

This is the weirdest story ever.

It's absolutely not going to happen, but if it did I'd definitely watch. Even if Conor would get embarrassed.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's talk of Mayweather fighting Pac again. Some within boxing are also speculating that he will fight Danny Garcia in September.

The article in the Sun newspaper drew from recent remarks that Floyd has made to friends and associates. It's likely to be a smokescreen. As I said on the previous page, it serves to gets people talking about Floyd again. This rumour is being picked up in most place.  The speculation will likely build until Floyd reaches a deal with someone. Who that "someone" will be is open to debate. Garcia and Canelo (provided he wins this evening), are probably the front-runners, with Manny being a close third. 

McGregor is a distant 4th. As Wand alluded to, there's no way Dana would sign off on a straight boxing bout between the pair, and there's no way Floyd would entertain taking part in a kickboxing or MMA bout. It's Sapp vs Tyson all over again, just on a slightly bigger and more relevant scale. A lot of grandstanding, but not much intention. 

• Paid Members

I imagined I was getting a soapy titwank from Gemma Atkinson many a night in my younger days. I imagined the shit out of that. Gave it an imagining like it's never been imagined before.

• Paid Members

not to turn this into a wrestling thread but how Necro doing these days? I've lost touch in recent years, i used to love me some Necro Butcher though. Body-wise he must be destroyed.

Couldn't say, never really followed US death match wrestling (used to watch FMW alot) and it's first time I've noticed his name for a while as I was seeing if Bret (Hart) had any UK events coming up and it took me to that event. I remember hearing ages ago he was meant to be really smart so presumably he has something on the side too as he has 2 kids according to wiki and it can't be too lucrative in that scene even as headliner?

Wiki also says, Ironically, he faced New Jack in New jack's retirement match at the 2013 version of this event so looks like NJ is out of retirement especially for this match/fight.

Anyway, are any of Baroni's fights worth checking out?

Archived