The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

Thanks for the heads up Egg Shen. I've watched the first 25 mins and it's very different to what I've seen before.

The huge difference is the incredible home video footage that I've never seen before and I've seen quite a bit of stuff on the foxcatcher story.

The big thing so far is no Mark Schultz. He may turn up later but I doubt it.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Whilst we were on the subject of shady MMA fighters, its just been reported that Kiane Sabet has been shot dead after he killed a police officer in Bali.

Sabet might not ring a bell to most, but he was involved with Dave O'Donnell's MMA promotions, i believe he was a nightclub owner and was well known on the London scene.

http://bali.coconuts.co/2016/05/02/police-disclose-chronology-incident-leading-amokrane-sabets-death-officer-stabbed-8-times

The video of the incident is knocking about too, it isn't overly graphic but its not very nice viewing. He sounded like some piece of work though.

That London MMA scene is dodgy as fuck. Lots of crime and gang elements associated with it.

Sabet was only 1-3 as an MMA fighter but at one point was scheduled to fight Tank Abbott i believe. He headlined the shows he was involved with though given his notoriety and reputation.

• Paid Members

Yet conversely, MMA also seems to attract Evangelical Christians in even larger numbers than it attracts maniacs.

Why is it conversely?

Well I'm sure Evangelical Christians will tell you that they're fighting the good and righteous fight.

Whereas people that murder other people are clearly possessed by the Devil.

Think of it like Superman and Lex Luthor.

Opposing ends of the moral spectrum.

Edit: I'm not being serious.

• Paid Members

I know FRB should never be mentioned in these parts (and Jim, your ban still stands!!), but I noticed Mcgregor did an impromptu q and a the other day on twitter.

To my disbelief, Mcgregor responded to a post the wretched mess posted. 

Wretched mess posted a pic of Nate Diaz followed by "Look at the size of Nate Diaz. McGregor needs to go back to 145."

ChcDRkpU8AAeLHg.jpg

Mcgregor responded saying "I love it! Adapt and overcome. I am coming in light and lean for my rematch and I will school this boy to the bell."

The wretched mess then proceeded to give Mcgregor some advice, "it's not a good idea. You're throwing your career away. Go back to 145 and start merking jobbers again."

FRB, career advisor.

• Paid Members

Who is Wretched mess?

Front Row Brian. I'm calling him that, not really sure how you can miss that.

Probably because you also called him FRB in the same post.

• Paid Members

Probably because you also called him FRB in the same post.

The sad thing is FRB is common acronym around here. A bit like GAD. 

I forgot about "Wrestched Mess". I think most have dismissed him by now. 

Anyway, if McGregor vs Diaz 2 gets made, I hope it's at 155lbs.

Me too Jim. I think Mcgregor stands a far better chance at 155 too. Nate being far bigger holds a huge advantage at 170.

Archived