The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Probably as much as I would on Benavidez. Mouse has his number. Reis is a bit of an unknown.

Bit of an unknown? Didn't you just have a go at Herbie for that?

He's fought 6 times in the UFC David.

• Paid Members

Benavidez should realistically still be in there. If a guy can't re-earn a shot there no real point in competing, Benavidez has done more than enough to fight Johnson again. Thing is, outside of Mighty Mouse himself, Benavidez is probably the most popular Flyweight in the UFC so its a no brainer really.

Probably as much as I would on Benavidez. Mouse has his number. Reis is a bit of an unknown.

Bit of an unknown? Didn't you just have a go at Herbie for that?

He's fought 6 times in the UFC David.

You know fine well that I meant in terms of Mighty mouse knowing what he's going to bring. He's fought Benavidez twice, he knows what he brings to the table.

That cannot be said for Reis. I'm sure Johnson will have watched tape and saw his previous UFC fights, but it's a fresh opponent.

• Paid Members

yeh, and in that respect i like the fact that they've gone with Reis. I think seeing Johnson walk through so many opponents who all bring different styles to the table it's what's gonna look so impressive on his record when he's done. Reis brings the most legit. BJJ credentials in that Mighty Mouse will have had to deal with.

Benavidez is coaching TUF and then fighting Cejudo, probably at the TUF finale. Mighty Mouse will defend his title against Wilson Reis, the TUF winner at the finale (which will take until December to air), then the winner of Benavidez-Cejudo.

That's the plan, obviously injuries or Mighty Mouse losing would change that.

• Paid Members

Not really news but didn't know where else to put it......

Has anyone else seen the latest episode of 'Looking For A Fight'? Matt Serra riding rodeo bulls is absolutely hilarious. It's definitely worth 25 minutes of your day.

My mate just sent me this article saying Brock Lesnar is close to signing on to fight at UFC 200.  I don't know how reputable that website is (or any of the other similar results showing on Google), but this has to be bullshit, right?

EDIT:  Sorry, just noticed the same conversation in the UFC 200 thread.

I've seen rumblings online of the UFC setting up the Punk/Gall fight for 202. Which would make sense. Big fight on a big card.

The fight would be around two years after Punk "joined" the UFC too. This CM Punk experiment needs to start soon tbh. The whole thing dragging into 2017 would be ridiculous. 

Archived