The Why Don't You Get a Job Thread

kendal mint cake

No, just to register with them and see where it goes.  Thanks a lot though.

Don't be nervous. They want you to succeed, they will be looking at all your positives. 

Yeah, that's a good point, thanks.  They've seen my CV so they must think I can do a job and get them commission.

• Paid Members

Good luck, Keith. Hope it goes well and something comes of it. There'll be good and bad stories about recruitment agencies but they helped my sister out big-time a couple of years ago when she fell out of work and was in a bit of a rut.

• Paid Members

I had nothing but positive experiences with Eden Brown, and agency in Manchester. The thing with agencies is that you tend to have to ring them at least once a week to start getting anything out of them. They only really want eager people, so this will help strengthen that. You also represent them to clients, so as long as you do well where you are placed, the jobs will come rolling in.

I usually find that Indeed are pretty good to use but as with anything it helps if you apply for something you have experience in to be seriously looked at. 

Speaking of which, I have just come back from WrestleMania, have had three weeks holiday and return to work tomorrow, never have I felt so depressed, think I'm looking for new jobs again, new challenge, more cash, that sort of thing. 

I usually find that Indeed are pretty good to use but as with anything it helps if you apply for something you have experience in to be seriously looked at. 

Speaking of which, I have just come back from WrestleMania, have had three weeks holiday and return to work tomorrow, never have I felt so depressed, think I'm looking for new jobs again, new challenge, more cash, that sort of thing. 

I'm in exactly the same boat as you Briefcase.  I've felt like crying on the way to work for the past two days.  I've got an easy job, I work for a very good, relaxed company and I get on well with the people I work with, but I have the most dull, boring, dead-end job you can imagine.  I really had high hopes of doing to do my masters at a drama school in September but I didn't get in, so now I have absolutely no idea what to do with my life.