NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I just can't wait to finally get to see The Drifter every week instead of once a month or so once he gets on the main roster. One of my favourite gimmcks in years. I was gutted he got injured 2 weeks before the U.K tour last year.

Is it too much to hope they've decided to release him and are using his heat to give Ohno some credibility on the way out?

• Paid Members

He gets Monster heat anytime he appears, They won't release him.

Absolutely. He's one of a very select few heels that actually acts like a heel in the ring AND isn't liked by the crowd at all. He's like gold dust these days.

For anyone that may be interested, they've just added episodes of NXT from June 2012 onwards to the network. This is were they made the changeover from FCW to NXT as it is now

i'm giving the 2012 episodes a look im enjoying them so far

Ā 

but as for takeover i think ember moon is going to end asuka regin

Really enjoying watching the older episodes of NXT, just up to the second week of the title tournament. The only thing that's a bit grating is the constant swapping on and out of the commentary team, one match it's Saxton and Regal the next JR joins them then it goes back to a two man booth

Ā 

It's interesting seeing some of the talent back then compared to now, such as Rollins doing that goofy mosh pit dancing in his entrance, Breeze under his old name of Mike Dalton, EC3 and Fandango under their old gimmicks and the beginnings of Big E and Wyatt

Heavy Machinery were great this week! Glad they seem to be over as faces

Ā 

Ohno's gear is just... bad. He might as well just wrestle with the gut out like he has done, that tucked in white top hides absolutely nothing and looks terrible. Love his theme though.

Hoping Elias drifts on to Smackdown or somewhere else after Mania. His songs get too much heat to future endeavour him

What is the inside track on Drifter, has Meltzer said anything, is he due to show up just after Mania, on which show? Such a great look and gimmick.

Ā 

I can't be doing with Ohno really, he reminds me of the fatĀ single mumsĀ that go on Jeremy Kyle wearing tight tops, you can see about 4 rolls through them. Dark and baggy for fuck sake, dark and Baggy, Owens has it right.

• Paid Members

I imagine The Drifter will end up as mid card comedy heel/JTTS on the mian roster. However, I could absolutely see him coming out as the 'big post mania debut' as part of a bait and switch for someone more notable debuting, perhaps Nakamura or someone similar.