NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

It wasn't just Ohno's physique I had a problem with (although even going for a regular basketball jersey would have been an improvement), but he even seemed to be tripping over his own feet still trying to work his faster style from when he was 70lbs lighter. Roode was light years ahead of him. If Ohno wants to work the heavy hitter angle, I don't care if exercise isn't his "thing" - he's got to put some muscle on his arms if that wrap-removal elbow hype is going to be anything other than kind of sad.

The Asuka skit reminded me of the old NWA vids hyping guys like Tully Blanchard. They should've gone the whole hog and have her walk down a mansion staircase with a glass of champagne and a pair of Aviator shades, while a scantily-clad hunk bites his lip waiting for her.

Didn't he have a few big surgeries in Japan too? I know he was out for a while because of his knee.

Knee injury in 2009 and an ACL tear in 2011 but I think that's pretty much it. Plus his recent injuries I guess that's roughly two years injured during a 17 year career. It's not great but it's not all that bad either.

The Asuka skit reminded me of the old NWA vids hyping guys like Tully Blanchard. They should've gone the whole hog and have her walk down a mansion staircase with a glass of champagne and a pair of Aviator shades, while a scantily-clad hunk bites his lip waiting for her.

"There is no women's revolution, there is only Asuka!" was tremendous I thought. Asuka is light years ahead of everyone in the division right now.

Edited by Love-Wilcox

• Awards Moderator

Really good show from start to finish this week.

Andrade was fantastic in his match, just a combination of character and ring work now he's settled in. I still can't stand Lorcan but fair play to him, it was a really good match and it looks like he's putting the work in to gain some muscle too. Pity Andrade is probably losing to Aleister Black at Takeover.

Asuka looked a killer in her match, and the Shinsuke/Roode video was well done. Ohno and Drifter intrigues me, Loser Leaves NXT stipulation actually makes me quite excited to see it, no idea which it will be who goes. Guessing that's not on the Takeover card though?

Who was the lady at the end? This four on four thing should, I maintain, end with War Games. It won't. But it should. Go on Triple H, you know you want to.

Really good show from start to finish this week.

Andrade was fantastic in his match, just a combination of character and ring work now he's settled in. I still can't stand Lorcan but fair play to him, it was a really good match and it looks like he's putting the work in to gain some muscle too. Pity Andrade is probably losing to Aleister Black at Takeover.

Asuka looked a killer in her match, and the Shinsuke/Roode video was well done. Ohno and Drifter intrigues me, Loser Leaves NXT stipulation actually makes me quite excited to see it, no idea which it will be who goes. Guessing that's not on the Takeover card though?

Who was the lady at the end? This four on four thing should, I maintain, end with War Games. It won't. But it should. Go on Triple H, you know you want to.

That was Ruby Riot, formally known as Heidi Lovelace. Trained at The Dudleys school and was in TNA for a short stint too I think

I was sure Andrade was close to doing Naito's pose at the beginning.

That's their Los Ingobernables shtick, including the heart pump and raised fist. I love that Andrade and Naito keep that going. Gives it international significance for smarks, and it'll count as a tease and storyline ammo if Naito heads to WWE at any point.

• Awards Moderator

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed the NXT weekly show and that makes me sad. Maybe I feel spoiled by how amazing late 2015 was but outside of a Takeover it seems so bland.

Said a while back that Andrade must have been watching Naito. I'm a big fan of Andrade, he is so good, such a smarmy bastard as a heel and wrestles a good hard hitting style. I like Lorcan too, that was a good showcase all around.

I am so sick of this Sanity vs Tye etc now, it has been spinning it's wheels for what seems like forever. Hopefully once Nakamura loses and heads to the main roster that whole feud will culminate and we can get Tye and Strong going singles again.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser