NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Hideo is a weird one. I think people do forget the initial excitement when he signed, he was a really big signing for a lot of people. It took him a while to find his feet in NXT, and then by the time he was finally getting himself acclimatised, he goes and gets injured. NXT in general just completely flew by him, and he's never really recovered from that derailing. Even when he had ready made feuds after his MYSTERY attack, he couldn't keep that momentum going because he just got crocked again.

• Paid Members

I don't think Itami should be anywhere near the main roster, sadly. He is just so far behind the rest at the moment. At the time, him signing was a big deal. But not only was he a slight disappointment (I only say slight as he did improve over time), but others that have since joined are far better than him and more main roster-ready.

Ā 

If they want to push a Japanese strong style guy in 205 Live, they're already doing it with Tozawa- who is so much better than Itami based on their WWE work to date.

Yeah I can see that logic. Tozawa's English is very good too so he's got that as well as being able to connect more. When you consider the type of showmanship Shinsuke and Asuka have bought to the table it doesn't look good either

Ā 

If possible I'd be on the phone to New Japan trying to sort out a trade

Lumping Itami against The Ascension as his first feud didn't help him out any. Any time he gets even the slightest bit of momentum he gets an injury that put him out for a bit & he has to start over completely again.

Whenever his contract is up (he's been there over 2 & a half years already) I can see them maybe offering him a 1 year extension to prove himself capable of not being injury prone (so far I think he's just been really unfortunate). If during that time he's still not advancing/suffers another long injury layoff, I think he'll get released and his matches filed away with the Original Sin Cara

• Paid Members

If you're WWE, I don't know how you can look at Itami and think he's worth the time and money on the main show. Even if he was getting it done in NXT, his body just doesn't seem up to it anymore. It's a shame, like, because KENTA was a superstar in Powerslam and I always wanted to see him in WWE, but he just can't keep pace.

As the forum has been down a couple of days and if you've not watched this weeks episode, they've confirmed a UK tour for June-

June 5th - Aberdeen GE Oil & Gas Arena

June 6th - Manchester Arena

June 7th - Leeds First Direct Arena

June 8th - Brighton Centre

June 9th-11th - Download Festival, Donnington

Ā 

As Asuka is being advertised for this tour quite prominently, I think that might put an end to the speculation that she'll debut the night after Wrestlemania

• Paid Members

I thought it was quite glaring that Nakamura wasn't on the poster for the U.K. tour. My dream of his music hitting on the Raw after Wrestlemania could come true!

Ā 

Kassius Ohno looked a fucking state in that gear. I know he never had the genetics to look amazing, and I know that he's supposedly been an incredible worker on the indies despite his awful physique, but come on mate. At least hide it with a well-fitted T-shirt. That basketball jersey made him look ridiculous. Imagine Vince McMahon watching that.

I don't know why Hero didn't go down the Owens route

Say what you like about Owens, he wears the singlet underneath as a blubber controller and his merch over that

Tucked in basketball shirt or whatever that was wasn't a good look

As an unashamed KENTA fanboy I'm still pulling for Itami in WWE. In his defense, he's had perhaps the worst luck in the past year than anybody in recent memory but with that being said I'd certainly understandĀ if management decided to let him go when his contract ends.

Ā 

I don't really get why people are saying he's injury prone, botched surgery and later being dropped on your neck would put pretty much anyone on the shelf I imagine ?