NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I can't be doing with this WarGames match at all. I like my pro-wrestling nice and simple; I like to cheers for the faces and boo the heels. Who am I supposed to root for in this match? Roderick Strong is the only real face involved in all of this and he's teaming with the main heel tag team of the past 18 months. As mentioned, it should be so easy to book a 4 vs 4 / 5 vs 5 face vs heels WarGames match and they've somehow fucked it up. 

I would've much preferred Sanity, Strong and McIntyre (who doesn't seem to give a fuck UE ruined his NXT title win) vs Undisputed Era & AOP (teaming with UE just to get back at Sanity for their tag title loss). It's hardly perfect, but much better than the shit they've served up. 

Between this and Raw versus Smackdown, I'm really struggling to enjoy WWE this month.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

Sanity are faces, they've been faces for a while now I think, just by dint of being super popular (and having Nikki Cross).

Has someone told @PowerButchi about the War Games match?  I remember him being a big fan.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

McIntyre not being in the match is particularly egregious, considering Adam Cole debuted by attacking him in the first place. There just seems to be a dearth of joined up thinking in how they've booked this thing. I'd have definitely gone with McIntyre & Sanity vs. Undisputed Era and a mate, keep it simple and more straightforward - have a bit of the build being whether or not Drew can trust Sanity as his partners, and whether Sanity are willing to work with someone outside of their group, and the rest of it be Undisputed teasing who their partner's going to be, while going over some lesser NXT talents. I'd have probably stuck Roderick Strong with Undisputed, to lump all the ROH plain trunks boys together, and because he can't possibly have any less personality as a heel than he does as a face.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

It'll probably be shown on the episode after Takeover

I'm not sure - I'd normally think it would be, but the press release says;

The match will not air as part of that night's TakeOver: WarGames live special on WWE Network, meaning those lucky NXT fans in attendance in the Toyota Center will have an exclusive opportunity to watch the title bout unfold before their eyes.

To me, that makes it sound like it won't make air at all, but then "unfold before their eyes" might just mean they get to see it live while the rest of us have to wait a week. I mentioned in the RAW thread that part of me thinks this might be to get the UK belt off Dunne, turn it into a secondary title for NXT, and move Dunne full-time into the Cruiserweight division without having him drop the belt on TV, but who knows?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I’ve never seen a War Games match. Which should I be seeking out on the Network?

Fuck off!

Wrestlewar 1992, Great American Bash 1987 and WrestleWar 1991 for me. Fall Brawl 1996 for the Sting angle and importamce in the nWo angle too.

Edited by tiger_rick

12 hours ago, Supremo said:

Cheers lads. I’ll check them out tomorrow.

Isn't there some kerfuffle with next week’s War Games not following the usual rules? 

Seems to following the same route as War Games 1998 which is a real colossal piece of shit. 

13 hours ago, Supremo said:

Cheers lads. I’ll check them out tomorrow.

Isn't there some kerfuffle with next week’s War Games not following the usual rules? 

Aye the virgins on Reddit are kicking off about the Wrestlers starting out in pods (is that right) elimination chamber style I think.

They'll get over it I'm sure.

All involved with the Velveteen Dream character deserve a huge pat on the back, I'm entranced by him, the music, the sauntering, but never ever do I not believe he's a badass and is likely to flip. It's such a well done character.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser