NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Is this a set up for a Roderick Strong heel turn and join The Undisputed Era?

That's certainly what they've hinted at for weeks. In fact, it's been hinted so heavily that it'll be so obvious when it happens, that they probably won't turn him.

Is Hideo Itami injured again? Or is he just not needed at the minute? Seems ages since that No DQ match he had with Kassius Ohno.

Hopefully Lars Sullivan gives Ohno a pasting at Takeover.

Im still not totally sold on Kairi Sane. I doubt they're going to put the belt on here at Takeover either, as mad as it might sound I reckon that Peyton Royce leaves with it, even if it's only for a short reign

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Is Hideo Itami injured again? Or is he just not needed at the minute? Seems ages since that No DQ match he had with Kassius Ohno.

Hopefully Lars Sullivan gives Ohno a pasting at Takeover.

Im still not totally sold on Kairi Sane. I doubt they're going to put the belt on here at Takeover either, as mad as it might sound I reckon that Peyton Royce leaves with it, even if it's only for a short reign

Why mad? Royce has been great for a while now. There would be plenty of mileage in her as champion.

For what it’s worth Peyton Royce has been winning the 4 way match on house shows in the last week. I hope she wins it to be fair, 

Im not a fan of the other girls, Kairi Sane came into the company with big shoes to fill after Asuka took off but it’s not working out for me, 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

54 minutes ago, KJHenley said:

Why mad? Royce has been great for a while now. There would be plenty of mileage in her as champion.

Maybe mad wasn't the right word to use, but I definately think she is the rank outsider in the match and I think they're much more likely to put it on either Moon or Cross. And I'm not knocking Royce, she's great at what she does. It would lead to the inevitable split of the Iconic Duo and force a face turn for one of them, but it would be nice to have Royce as champion as an out & out heel. As good as Asuka's reign was, she did flip flop between face and heel depending on what the feud needed

• Paid Members

I also reckon Peyton is walking away with the belt, maybe thanks to Billie Kay getting involved and screwing over one of Sane/Moon. In fact I could see Moon and Cross doing a big spot that takes them both out on the outside, Sane has Royce beat, Billie gets involved and they do the "co-champion" thing for a while. Or something to that effect. 

Royce and Kay have quietly been one of the best things about NXT for quite some time now. Great character work from both.

• Awards Moderator

I hadn't given much thought to who'd win the Women's match (with the half-assumpton Ember is a foregone conclusion) but Peyton would be the best choice of the four. I think Ember's lost a lot of momentum since that first loss to Asuka, and her winning would feel like 'yes, well, you've won but we already know you can't beat the best'. Nikki seems like a background extra in the match, and I'd have rather had her ringside for War Games. Kairi I'm not on board with yet (ON BOARD, get it, because she's a pirate, ha ha ha). So yes, Peyton. She's got a great character, and I can see something like her winning, and Billie having to put an 'I'm so happy for you' face on only to drop it when she thinks the camera's not on her. Peyton can lose it to someone else in fairly short order, blame Billie for not supporting her, and harsh as it would be to split up the Iconic Duo, you could get a decent feud out of that split.

Wasn't blown away by this week's episode. Heavy Machinery looked sloppier than I've seen them before, and I still don't really know about Adam Cole. He's not done anything to win me over yet except be a bit more charismatic than the other two. I'd have rather had Dunne vs. Gargano than Ohno vs. Lars on Takeover, as well, but I'll take that back if the match ends up being a Lars squash because they're great.

Lovely video package about War Games, though. 

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

The upside to Kairi Hojo winning the Women's Title would be that she's the only one in the match to have not already lost to Asuka. Anyone else winning feels like a hollow victory, because they "only" managed to win the belt because it had been vacated after they failed to beat the "real" champion, whereas Hojo doesn't have that stigma.