NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

3 hours ago, Drfunke said:

Is Nakamura still on the nxt tour next month....the wwe tweeted a video of him saying he would be late march

Saw Meltzer replying to a question about this on Twitter this morning. He says Nakamura isn't booked for the tour, which is a right shitter seeing as I'm fairly sure a hefty amount of people would have bought tickets after he was announced for it a few months ago.

• Paid Members

That show was freaking awesome. A cracking Takeover when you consider I hadn't been hyped for it. The UK Championship match is superb. If you don't watch anything else this weekend watch that match.

• Paid Members

That match made the UK Championship seem so damn important by the end. A bit like how the IC title is nostalgically looked at as the work horse championship but this one actually is right now. All in one exceptional match.

• Paid Members

UK match was good but ladder match was MOTN for me. A shame they think every team needs to split these days cos once the feud finishes I can't see either of them going far.

• Paid Members

Great show but the UK Title match was the greatest. Match of the night and potential for match of the year.

The turn at the end was coming. Can't wait for the video package leading to the match at the next takeover showing clips of their friendship and then clips of the times Ciampa looked pissed for losing in the cruiserweight classic and their loss to The Revival. 

Nigel just doesn't shut the fuck up does he? He can make me laugh sometimes with the things he says, but my word, he doesn't let anyone talk. He answered his own question at one point and the most bizarre thing he came out with was saying the Authors of Pain could survive anthrax.

1 hour ago, gmoney said:

Great show throughout for me. Has there been a bad Takeover? I can't think of one. 

I don't think there's ever been an out & out bad one. A couple of mediocre ones along the way but never one that you would describe as a 'bad' show.

This was a very good one in which every match delivered on the apart from maybe a dodgy sequence. The ending to the women's match was a bit weak and Gargano overshot his splash through the ladder spot, but other than that it was a pretty solid effort by everyone. The U.K. title match was match of the night for me though. Even with the number of false finishes it, they were all believeable enough. Where they go from here is the hard part though, as I didn't think much to the UK Championship Special the other night. Unless they do abig job of bringing in other guys, there are very few there now that people are going to interested in.

Ive been wanting to see Tomato Chomper go nasty bastard heel for a long time, but I was still suprised that they actually went and did it. I supposed I'd just resigned myself to accepting that it wasn't going to happen because he and Gargano are such a good tag team. Keep Gargano off TV and have Ciampa wreck some guys in the lead up to the next Takeover. That Kona Reeves lad, Oney Lorcan can take a good smack, I'd even bring back HoHo Lun to see Ciampa kick seven shades out of him.

Good show overall with a surprisingly uncunty crowd. They were into everything, didn't really try any smart arse chanting aside from a small "CM Punk" one in the title match which seemed to get shot quite quickly and "we want tables" during the ladder match

Edited by WyattSheepMask

We've been very fortunate in this country over the last few years to have some of the best wrestlers in the world working in tiny venues for us at cheap ticket prices. I saw both Dunne and Bate wrestling 15-20 minute matches in a student union about four weeks ago for 15 quid. Watched their match this morning and it was as good as you'll see this year. Incredible.