NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

This round of tapings includes next week's NXT though right? So Bray Wyatt will still debut next week. It's a very unique character, makes me wonder how much input he had on his character.

Also, this week's NXT is totally class. Seth Rollins is getting a pretty good push, his match with Camacho was longer than the others on the show and he was spotlighted again in the six man tag, which was great fun. The only negative to the multiple taping of shows is that it doesn't account for up to date storylines. Tyson Kidd is in MITB and beat Tensai but he's losing to McGillicutty on NXT?

This round of tapings includes next week's NXT though right? So Bray Wyatt will still debut next week. It's a very unique character, makes me wonder how much input he had on his character.

Also, this week's NXT is totally class. Seth Rollins is getting a pretty good push, his match with Camacho was longer than the others on the show and he was spotlighted again in the six man tag, which was great fun. The only negative to the multiple taping of shows is that it doesn't account for up to date storylines. Tyson Kidd is in MITB and beat Tensai but he's losing to McGillicutty on NXT?

True that is a bit odd.

Nobody is watching it in the US though, so it's no big deal i dont think.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, Kassius Ohno has the worst look I've ever seen for a wrestler in a major promotion. Now, I know that this isn't going out on TV in the States, but it is going out around the world. There ought to be some quality control. He looked an embarrassment. A podgy, lanky, trampy embarrassment.

• Paid Members

this week:

- Liked the women's opener, it wasn't very long but what we got would have looked fine on Raw or Smackdown.

- Seth Rollins got a chance to shine with a much more substantial singles match than last week and a big role in the six man tag. Kidd and Hunico are great, and McGillicutty winning moved things forward.

- I like Chris Hero, but the debut of Kassius Ohno was a mixed bag. The promo video was good, the entrance and match not so much. At least his character came through a bit.

- Hate Jinder Mahal, and Bateman looked like a nobody.

- Speaking of nobodies, all that stood out in the tag match was the red boots of Vader's son.

- I spotted Brodie Lee in the Bray Wyatt promo. Shame Wyatt is only going to appear once or twice due to his injury.

Overall, better than last week, but still too many matches, and the next taping better have the sound balance sorted out.

Am really loving NXT. its just nice to see different faces and gimmicks.

Paige and Sofia had a really action packed, physical (by WWE Diva standards) opener that showed an entertaining match can be produced in 3 minutes.

Sadly, there's a part of me that expects they would not have been allowed to wrestle like that had it been on WWE TV, from what we've heard about Vince wanting the Divas to wrestle more 'like girls'. Hopefully, if Kharma EVER comes back, and Paige and Sofia are brought up to the main shows, that will change.

Am loving the Bray Wyatt vignettes (was that Brodie Lee in the most recent one with Bray?).

Reckon Conor O Brien of the Ascension looks legit intimidating with the entrance and the contacts and that pointy face.

Love Regal on commentary - 'I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate'. More of Regal, please.

Looking forward to next weeks show.

Am really loving NXT. its just nice to see different faces and gimmicks.

Paige and Sofia had a really action packed, physical (by WWE Diva standards) opener that showed an entertaining match can be produced in 3 minutes.

Sadly, there's a part of me that expects they would not have been allowed to wrestle like that had it been on WWE TV, from what we've heard about Vince wanting the Divas to wrestle more 'like girls'. Hopefully, if Kharma EVER comes back, and Paige and Sofia are brought up to the main shows, that will change.

Thought the girls match was great. Paige looked the business.

KO/Hero looked horrific. Didn't look comfy in his own skin, and the gimmick is a nightmare. Match was pretty standard.

Pretty sold on Rollins - enjoying his work, and the heavy metal gimmick works for me - he's carrying it like he means it, which is most the battle.

Ashamed to say that Jinder Mahal is one of the few guys ever to drop into my "instantly fast forward" category.

• Paid Members
This round of tapings includes next week's NXT though right? So Bray Wyatt will still debut next week.

Given that up until now they've entirely mixed-and-matched the shows from matches dotted around the two tapings, I'd imagine they'll pull the Bray Wyatt matches if they can't follow up on them for 6 months.

• Paid Members

I've not been watching NXT - didn't fancy giving myself more stuff to follow when I'm barely keeping current with TNA. Still, it really does look great - I've always liked that WCW Worldwide small-arena look for "side" shows.

Quick question related to earlier discussion - neckbeards are bad, I understand, but what's the rule on neck stubble? I like to keep stubble, but if I trimmed it, surely it would look odd, as stubble's meant to be a sort of messy-ish look, no?

• Paid Members

Yes but you can have that dashing five o'clock shadow look whilst still shaving your neck. Stubble can look awesome, but the rule is still shave your neck. Otherwise you go from designer stubble to dirty rubble.

Bray Wyatt is fantastic! Genuinely looks and acts out of his mind. The song 'Broken out of love' by Mark Crozer and The Rels accompanies his rants perfectly as well. In FCW he's done promos to that song and its also worked a treat. I'm gutted to learn he's injured, how long is he out for?

Love Chris Hero but wasn't enthralled by him as Kassius OhNo. It was OK though, and I'm not really fussed about the look. I do think he looks better in his old attire though.

I also liked Corey Graves. I liked Sterling James Keenan's work in 1PW and IWC and I'm glad he's grown his hair back and ditched the tight tights. They did not suit him.