NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Most of what I thought has been said. I liked it mostly. It had a good feel, was well presented, was well hosted by JR, as you'd expect, and the vignettes introducing everyone were well done.

Positives:

Bo Dallas - Great intro video and solid match. Regal did a great job putting him over. Unfortunately stuff like his refusal do stay down won't get over on the main roster because they don't pay enough attention to it.

Bray Walker/Seth Rollins - Good promos that left you looking forward to seeing them. Gave both a sense of importance.

Ascension promo - This was a bit different and I loved the aspect above the city. Well shot, content a bit naff. Who's the English guy? Entrance was novel too.

Half of Kidd/McGillicutty - There was some really good action in the match but it went twice as long as it should've considering neither guy is over. Stick to short sharp matches until you've developed characters people care about. Jim Ross didn't half put Kidd over at the end. Really a pity they can't get him over. He's got plenty of talent but so bland.

Negatives:

Ascension - As pointed out, seeing that promo and then being told they are called Kenneth and Conor is disappointing. Thought they tried to be different with the quick fire tags but it's hard to see it translating.

Johnny Curtis & Derek - Fuck knows what it was about. Left me feeling like I'd missed a previous segment.

Thought it was excellent, the best hour of WWE produced tv in a long time, and a huge improvement on the old NXT which I hated.

This is proper old-school wrestling show, with good, respected announcers who aren't trying to get themselves over, or be smart asses, or pretend they are better than the people featured by burying them.

I loved the old school look of the small arena, the cross between the old TBS studios and the current Impact Zone.

I loved the vignettes - more creative effort was put into the Bray Wyatt and Ascension vignettes than has been put into Raw & Smackdown in months. These are the type of creative efforts WWE used to put in on the main shows during their peak.

It's desperately needed new young stars in good gimmicks and personas being put over strong.

And looking at the taping results for the next 2 months, it's not like the old NXT with the same 6 guys featured every week, it is lots of different stars featured each week - a proper roster - which is far better.

Best thing WWE has done in a lonnnnnng time and I'll be watching every week from now on.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

I thought it was okay, there is def room for improvement but not a bad start.

Positives -

Well it looks class, if the much rumoured Cruiserweight Show takes place here it'll look great

Tyson Kidd vs McGuillicutty was really good

Promos were well done and I think they should do more of this stuff on the main roster when they are trying to establish guys too.

Sandow is awesome.

Negatives -

Everyone was wearing black tights. Sure some might have had white trim, or blue designs but fuck me try and stand out. Fair enough the Ascension but the rest need to change it up or at least try to look different.

I didnt really like the commentary, it wasnt awful but it wasnt good either Might be in the minority there!

---------------

Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins and Richie Steamboat to look forward to next week though.

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed it. It was far from perfect, but important to remember that it was the first show. A TV show with this sort of set up is something that I've been after for a long time.

Do we know what the future is for NXT? Are they keeping up these FCW/NXT tapings?

Do we know what the future is for NXT? Are they keeping up these FCW/NXT tapings?

Yeah. They've already got the next 7 weeks of NXT taped, up to and including the August 9th show.

The first four weeks of NXT for June 21st, June 28th, July 5th, and July 12th were all taped on May 16th.

The NXT shows for July 19th, July 26th, August 2nd and August 9th were taped on June 14th.

They've got monthly taping dates at Full Sail University arranged for the rest of the year.

The final FCW tv shows were taped on June 7th, with shows airing in Florida until the middle of July. At which point, the new NXT shows will fill in the FCW timeslot and the separate FCW tv show will be no more.

FCW will still run live events, but the only tv show that FCW stars will feature on will be the new NXT. It wouldn't shock me if the FCW name itself was done away with, and the developmental promotion itself becomes known as WWE NXT, so as to avoid the confusion.

So ultimately, by the end of July, NXT will air on tv internationally as it does now, in U.K. and Canada, and in the U.S. in Florida only on the Brighthouse Network tv channel (airing in Florida because WWE wants to run FCW live events in Florida, and needs the tv to advertise live events). It's not on WWE.com because WWE wants to debut it's nationwide U.S. presence on the new WWE network, whenever that launches. It doesn't want it to have the stigma of being 'that internet show'.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed most of that. That Seth Rollins reminded me of early CM Punk. Couldn't really take all that "I'm unique" stuff seriously. Still looking forward to his debut though.

The design and look of the venue was refreshing too. A mix of old school studio and house show, with a bit of Raw thrown in.

Ascension promo looked cool. I initially thought it was a Manager protege deal. Was surprised when they came out as a tag team. The roar that Ken does is cool. He must get through some Lockets.Will be interesting to see them develop.

Will definitely be watching again.

• Paid Members
Ascension promo - This was a bit different and I loved the aspect above the city. Well shot, content a bit naff. Who's the English guy? Entrance was novel too.

The English guy is Kenneth Cameron. The city shot was nice and different, it reminds me of an old console game, damned if I can remember which one.

I've now found myself looking forward to NXT for the first time in ages.

• Paid Members

I think The Ascension gimmick is decent, but the execution was corny as hell. It probably fell just on the wrong side of that fine line between genius and wrestlecrap. Having said that, I do love a little bit of wrestlecrap sometimes and I applaud whoever is responsible for that gimmick for their creative efforts. I'd sooner watch silly stuff like that than the dudes they jobbed out, or the chaps in the opening match.

Having really ordinary names hurts their characters though. Connor and Kenneth? Scary! I also had to laugh at Regal's comments as the pair of them were gurning into the cameras at the end of their ring entrance... 'If I was their opponent, I'd have buggered off by now!' Sometime's Regal's English wit just does not suit the product, but I wouldn't change it for anything. Him and JR were great on this show. It's terrific to have Jim Ross back on TV.

• Paid Members

New NXT episode is here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrtqvb_de...l-show-hq_sport

No Regal this week. The commentary wasn't up to much throughout the show. JR is apathetic throughout. He couldnt have said "Seth Rollins is quite the heavy metal enthusiast" with any less passion in his voice. I've been quite enjoying Seth Rollins in FCW, from what I've seen of him. But he's as generic as fuck on this episode. That entrance and the headbanging celebration makes him look like a right plumb. His promo was a bit dodgy as well.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members

Planning on watching this on Sky at midnight, looking forward to it... I've read The Ascension are in action again, in a match originally taped as part of episode 4?